BOSE DELCO SYSTEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSE DELCO SYSTEM

i installed my sony cd player, and the stock speakers wont work, is there anything i can do to get them working
    ??

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] Ps. its a 95 3.4 camaro

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: michael ]</p>
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by michael:
    i installed my sony cd player, and the stock speakers wont work, is there anything i can do to get them working
    ??

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] Ps. its a 95 3.4 camaro

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: michael ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Yes, you can always put in the stock head unit again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, you probably won't be getting your stock bose speakers to be working with a head unit with out the adapter (help me out guys, is this the PAC OEM1?) If you get replacement speakers, you'll need to run wiring from the head unit to the speaker, it's not too tough.

HTH
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

1) Buy a $50 adapter

2) Replace your crappy stock speakers with aftermarket 6.5S" speakers.

-Mike
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Replace your crappy stock speakers with aftermarket 6.5S" speakers<hr></blockquote>

I Resent that Mike [img]tongue.gif[/img] I like my bose speakers.
        <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fusion:
          I Resent that Mike [img]tongue.gif[/img] I like my bose speakers.<hr></blockquote>

That's all fine and dandy. I love McDonald's food, but my dad think's is cheap and crappy. \

The point of the matter is I added the adjective "crappy" because I'm opinionated that way. I could have made the unbiased statement, "Replace your stock speakers with aftermarket 6.5S" speakers." but decided to add my biased tilt to it. Stock speakers might be perfectly fine for you, and you may love them, and that's fine, becuase that's your opinion, and you're free to express it. Likewise, I feel that facotry stereo equipment is supremely inferior to even the cheapest aftermarket equipment. That is my opinion, and I'm free to express it. Thank you drive thru. ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Opinions are like an a**hole. Everyone has one of their own and thinks that everyone else's stinks. :D

-Mike [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Opinions are like an a**hole. Everyone has one of their own and thinks that everyone else's stinks. <hr></blockquote>

Bwahaha thats the funniest thing. Ha. Alright Mike i get what your saying.
            <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

My Bose system worked with my Sony head unit. No problems. You need to buy an integrated harness by Sosche to go between your dash wires and your radio harness. Cost= $50.00-$75.00 I've got a Pioneer 9200R now with the same harness that is working through the speakers fine. I still have to do a little work to it. I'm getting brake noise and a little alternator humm in my speakers.
              None of these problems with my Sony.
              I have a 95 3.4 Also

Comment

One problem with the bose system is that the signal output is so freakin' low. Most aftermarket heads supply at least 2v to the RCA's (good ones are over 3, some are 4.5) but Delphi in their infinite wisdom decided to neuter the outputs down to something like .9 to 1.2 volts. The "adapters" out there are simply level matchers to lower the voltage level of aftermarket heads so the inputs on the amp aren't clipped constantly. (bad)

I hope to God that you didn't hook up the speaker wire outputs to the line-level inputs of the Bose amp. If that's the case: buh-bye Bose system. How did you hook up the system? Did you use an adapter or the ol' splice and dice method? Tell us more.
                Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Like I said before, I used a Sosche Integrated Adapter between my radio and the dash harness. It's merely a crossover like device where i can change the speaker level inputs by turning a screw with a screwdriver. I've always had it turned all the way up. NO problems with an aftermarket unit hooked up to Bose in 3 years.

Comment

Greg, my post was for michael. He didn't specify how his system was hooked up, and I was just narrowing down the problem.

-Brian
                    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Is using an adapter harness the easist way to instal a new head unit in??
                      1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X