DRL wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRL wiring

I thought you guys might know more about fuses, so I put this here instead of in the appearance section. Anyway, I have all of the components to wire DRLs into my 93 camaro. But I want to know if I am running a 30 amp flasher and I want to know if I have to use a 30amp inline fuse or if I can use an easier to find 20amp fuse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John.

You put a 20 amp fuse in a 30 amp circuit you're gonna be popping that 20 amper all the time.

30 ampers aren't too hard to find. Try at the auto parts store, or even Radio Shack.

Just make sure the wiring can handle 30 amps....

-Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

30 amps is a boatload of current. Like MTM says, make sure your wiring it gonna be heavy enough. two small of wiring on a 30 amp fuse and the fuse actually doesn't pop but the wire melts/burns/starts a fire in your car instead.

30 amp fuses are easy to find. Go to radio shack, they sell like 6/$1.99 I think.
      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

I will look at an auto store. Radio Shack has jack in the way of 30 amp fuses. I am running 18 gauge wire, I got the instructions that everyone uses for this mod. It calls for two SPDT relays, 18 gauge wire, 30amp signal flasher and two 30amp inline fuse couplers with fuses. Thanks, John.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X