Wiring Neon to the parking light switch - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring Neon to the parking light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Neon to the parking light switch

Is this possible? :-P

anything's possable, just use the parking light switches + and - and that should do it!

Comment

What happens when a cop pulls you over at night and tells you to turn them off..? You cant drive at night whith your lights off
      2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

I wired into my parking lights. Here's how I did mine. I found a + wire on the back driver's side tail-light to tap into. Then I ran a wire all the way to the front where I installed a rocker switch. Then ran the wire from the other side of that switch to the back again and fed it down thru the middle of that rubber drain grommet in the bottom of the driver's side cubby. I chose to do that because the parking lights have a chime when you leave them on so I won't accidentally leave the neon on. Plus, I can use the switch up front to over-ride it and turn it off. I just have one blue tube underneath the rear bumper. Hope that gives you some ideas.
        :D

Comment

i was talking interior lights for blacklight or white neon.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by megabass:
            I wired into my parking lights. Here's how I did mine. I found a + wire on the back driver's side tail-light to tap into. Then I ran a wire all the way to the front where I installed a rocker switch. Then ran the wire from the other side of that switch to the back again and fed it down thru the middle of that rubber drain grommet in the bottom of the driver's side cubby. I chose to do that because the parking lights have a chime when you leave them on so I won't accidentally leave the neon on. Plus, I can use the switch up front to over-ride it and turn it off. I just have one blue tube underneath the rear bumper. Hope that gives you some ideas.
            :D
            <hr></blockquote>

ur a genious [img]smile.gif[/img] but i was thinking more along the lines of the interior so at night I can switch the switch to the middle and turn them on. can u do the same thing for that?

Comment

Even easier. Just tap into the hot wire from the parking switch.

Comment

I disconnected my light in the glovebox and used those wires and added a switch so I could turn them on and off. Not really too hard to do. The only downfall I have is the parking lights have to be on to have the neons on. BTW they are interior neons.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X