Rear Components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Components?

Is there a point in putting components speakers in the rear seat area? I definitely want to put components in the front.

Obviously, its not for the stereo imaging because I'm in the front, but would putting the components in the rear be better because its allowing the 6.5 inch to hit harder with more punch because it doesn't have to hit the highs too?

Is this a good idea, or should I just get 3-ways in the back? I usually don't have back seat passengers.
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

i would just get some good mid-bass drivers for the back. check out the kicker 6.5's. they make a free-air woofer that sounds great back there.

Comment

You don't need anything in the rear. BUT, if you're set on having something back there then just buy some 6.5 inch woofers for rear-fill and extra midbass. If you add these though you also need to get a crossover so the rears don't play above 200Hz. Anything above 200HZ will ruin the soundstage and create to much stuff coming from the back. All the bass notes are below 200HZ anyway.

·George·

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X