installing 3 subs, impedence, dvc, amp??? help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing 3 subs, impedence, dvc, amp??? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing 3 subs, impedence, dvc, amp??? help

i have a box for 3 12"s, so i have to go with 3 subs... now, i'm having problems with the whole impedence thing. i understand parallel and series wiring, what i don't understand is how to add everything up, then how to know what kind of amp, mono or 2 channel bridged, what impedence the amp should be able to support, how many watts... i'm thinking around 1500 watts just to the subs... i'll spend around $200 per sub, and i'm not sure what kind of amp i'll need to push all 3, but i'll spend around $600 for the amp. if anyone can help me out AT ALL, i'd appreciate it. thanks
    1998 Camaro 3.8 M5

ok.... I'll try to give you the most potent set-up for the cheapest price...

Get the JL 12w6 for subs. These have dual 6 ohm coils. PERFECT for trio set-ups like yours. 300WRMS a piece. What is the size of the box you have? Ported? Sealed? Your best bet is going to be the JBL BP1200.1 This amp has one of the best dollar/watt ratio's around. 1200WRMS @ 2ohms and is stable to 1 ohm. Wire all three subs in parallel and you are gonna be poundin hard! $570 for the subs + $260 for the amp.... well UNDER your budget.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

i'm gonna go with the 12w6's, but as far as the amp, i don't like jbl. anybody already have one? do they really push that much? i'm looking at the jl 1000/1, but it's really expensive. i've found an orion xtr 900.2, 900x1@4ohm, anybody have experience with orion? other than that, i'm thinking of adding another mbquart component set, and pushing my hi's with the jl 500.1... i'm also considering the kicker kx1200.1 and kx800.4, and precision power amps (but i don't think they have fans), and soundstream. if anyone has any of these amps, let me know what you think. thanks again
      1998 Camaro 3.8 M5

Comment

The JBL has been tested to output over 1300WRMS @ 2ohms. Like I said, it has the best dollar/watt ratio. ALL of the brands you mentioned are sure to make fantastic amps. They have more features then the JBL (subsonic filter, better crossover) but are more expensive...... WAY more expensive. The amp does all it should and then some. And for a great price. I'm sure someone on this board has this amp, and they will tell you the same thing.

Secondly, you want to push your highs with a mono amp?!?!? And 500WRMS at that!!!! The JL 500.1 is intended for subwoofer use only. My I suggest a 4-channel amp???
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X