need help with alarm, please read...... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with alarm, please read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with alarm, please read......

Well this is a weird question so I hope someone can be able to answer it for me. Here it goes.

I started the car up and had to drive to my girlfriends house at 5:30 in the morning to give her something. Once I got to her house, I swear I did a "arm" to the alarm. I got in the car after disarming it, and the siren still went off.......so it could have easily been my fault. No big deal on that one.

Now the weird part. Right before I got home, I was playing the stereo when all of the sudden the horn honked a few times and the alarm wanted to go off while I was driving?!?!? I could hear a few chirps from it and a few quick bursts of the horn. Now I thought that maybe I hit the horn which would explain that, but what would explain the alarm just deciding to go off?

I need some help, I got some time this weekend to re-look anything over. By the way, this alarm is a crutchfield crimeguard 778i I believe. It has shock and motion sensors, and that's it. It has been in my car for close to 6 months now without any problems what so ever until earley this morning. I would like to get it solved though because I don't want to be driving around and all the sudden have the alarm start going off.

Please give me any idea's on something to try.

Thanks,
    Chris

Did you wire it all yourself? I assume so, but did you remember to ground one of the ground wires to the ignition? That might explain why it goes off while driving.

how long have you had the alarm, and how long has this been happening? Maybe a wire came loose over time if you didn't solder it.

These are just guesses, but with more info I might be able to help some.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Yes I did wire it myself. It has been in my car for about 6 months now. It has worked great until recently.

I may drop the bolster today on my lunch break and see if I can check all the wires. Like you said, maybe a wire came loose. It has happened before so I never know.

I did ground it to part of the interior, but.....I never wired anything to the ignition. I bought some fancy harness that came with it that was basicly "plug and play".

I dunno why I bought such a crazy alarm. I should have gotten one of those "all in one" things because that was all I wanted, something to go off when the door was opened up. Hehe.....I don't even use the motion sensor at all.

Well let me know what ya think, or during my lunch break I'll go out there and take the thing apart, and double check all wires and connections. It was ok that it happened at 6 a.m, but hopefully not at 6 p.m.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Good thing you have a 94 Camaro, I just happen to have a wiring diagram for just such a car. I wonder why?? :D

You say the horn honked, right? Check the BLACK (-) wire under the stering colum. That is the Horn trigger.

Also check the Red(12v), yellow(Starter), and pink(ignition) wires. These will be on the ignition harness.

The door trigger is gray(-) and is behind left rear speaker, you can also use a gray/black wire in the drivers kick panel. Do you have Keyless entry?

If you have time, I would try and go back and SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS that can be soldered, and wrap up all of the wires in electrical tape. This makes it harder to troubleshoot, so make sure it all works before you do this. Don't forget to hide all the wires well when your done fixing it.

I hope this helps ya, it's probably just a loose connetion on the Brain unit or 12V or something.

Good luck!
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Did ya get it working right?? just kinda curious...

Comment

YES, I did get it working, Turns out I was hitting the valet button while the car was on and was tricking it. It did it to me again this weekend and when I checked out the manual that is what it said.

Thanks for all the help though revrend, its good to know someone else out there has this same alarm and can help!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Chris

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X