question for the monsoon guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the monsoon guru's

So everything but the tweeters run through an amp in the spare tire well. So if I change HU do I have to rewire everything? Or can I cheat and get away with a loopback/bypass of the monsoon amp?
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seppo Kaitainen:
    So everything but the tweeters run through an amp in the spare tire well. So if I change HU do I have to rewire everything? Or can I cheat and get away with a loopback/bypass of the monsoon amp?<hr></blockquote>

The Monsoon uses speaker level inputs. If you hook up the new head unit to the harness via an adapter it will power up the Monsoon system. I did this and it works great, but I also replaced my front speakers and powered them from the new H/U. It is the rear speaker leads that power up the Monsoon system. I was worried about putting too much power to the Monsoon amp and bought a step down converter, but it would not power up the amp. My Alpine is rated at 45 peak, but I have had no problems with the setup. There is also a PAC OEM converter that makes it very easy, plugs into the wiring harness and your new H/U. If you use an Eclipse H/U, there is a direct coupler that prevents you from having to wire anything, pure plug and play...sweet.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

"If you use an Eclipse H/U, there is a direct coupler that prevents you from having to wire anything, pure plug and play...sweet.
      ...."

VERY TRUE! Sony HU wouldnt get any sound from the speakers..i installed an eclipse.not even knowwing about that diect coupler, and it soidn great! Eclipse is the way to go man!
      2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X