Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system question?????

Hi

I would like your opion please. I have got the new Kenwood KDC 917 eXcelon head unit and changer. I also have MB Quart 6 1/2 in the front doors and 7 in Quarts in the rear. What i would like to know is if i put a set of comp Quarts in kickpannels up front what is the best way to hook up all of my highs?? and where is the cheepest place to buy a set of keckpannels??? I was planning on wireing it up this way. Run the 6 1/2 and the 7 in quarts off the head unit and then run the comps off of an amp running through the front rca. Also what amps shoud i use??? Lost of help needed

Thanks
    Shane

If you're planning on powering those Quarts with deck power, you're going to be very unhappy with the results. I know the specs say 50 watts by four, but you're probably going to get half that. If not less.

The unit has 4.5v outs for line level, and I would use that capability to its full extent. You will be much happier with an outboard amp.

The beauty of MB Quart speakers is that they are detailed and accurate at high volumes. With that head unit, there's no way you'll get those speakers to scream the way you know they can.

Even a small amplifier like the 4-channel KX600.4 (if you like Kenwood) will give you 75 watts RMS at a much cleaner level than your headunit. Also, the amp has built-in crossovers if your speakers didn't come with them. (If you bought them seperate. Otherwise, they should have come with crossovers.)

What are you talking about when you say comp and 7's. Quart has no line called "comp" and they don't have any 7" speakers, either. Please clarify and maybe I can help...

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Yes MB Quart has 7 inch speaker becouse the box and book even say they are 7 inch speaker.
      And buy comp i mean compation high end model

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X