What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

Ok, when I get my income tax back(hopefully tomorrow wendsday) I am going to get me two 12s and hopefully a custom fit box and a capacitor. I want your oppinon on what is the best I can get for 1 12 under $125, I really don't wanna spend a whole lot, but i'm going to the local stero shop and needs some advice, I want something that has a good bass, I'm probly just going to keep my 300 watt amp for it. Also, does anyone know the measurments for the trunk space? I might just get a regular box and I wanna see what size box I should get, might not be able to find a dual 12 to fit, but I won't mind getting two tens in stead. Please tell me what you think!

PS, so faf i'm thinking about getting JLs, but im not real sure of the prices at a stereo shop, what do you think the prices might be on each JL? Thanks!
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

JLW3's are generally more than 125 a piece...That's cutting it VERY close on the 10W3's. Have you considered solo-baric? Get an 8" sub, and have them build a nice big ported box, and if they do it right, you'll LOVE IT! I swear one 8" can outhit most people with 2 or 3 12" subs. Just a thought for you.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I would get 2 JL W0 12's if you are only using a 300 watt amp. the W0 is only rated at 125watts but can handle more (hehe i know that) The W3 can handle 300 watts alone (I am pretty sure). Also if you go to a audio store it will be more money but if you blow one they will replace it, but the cheaper internet site will not replace them. So it evens out kind of.

Jon

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: methodman ]</p>
      04 black comp G GTP<br />*sold* 2000 z28 6speed <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1</a>

Comment

you get what you pay for. i wouldnt judge what you want by price. go listen to each of them in a box that will be similar to yours and see what you like. overall though, you cant go wrong with jl.

Comment

forthe money i would say an audiomobile MASS 12, great for smaller enclosures
          Black 1995 3.4L V6 \"<b>THE BLACKBIRD</b>\"<br /><b>Performance Mods </b> K&N Fipk, Hypertech Underdrive pullies, Accell Coilpacks, and wires, rapidfire plugs,180 degree thermo, 1LE Tranny Mount, Z28 Catback W/crome tips B&M Ripper shifter<p><b>Appearance mods</b> 2 1/2% Limo tint all around, Blacked out taillights, turn signals, and side markers, red PONTIAC rear Inlay, 98+ style centerplate bird and graphic<p><b>Stereo System</b>Panasonic Cqdf 800u head unit, 2 MTX thunder 280 amps bridged, 2 Cerwin Vega AI 12\'s on the rear deck, 6x9\'s in the rear sail panels, Monsoon Door panels With Memphis Audio 6.5\" Coaxials and tweeters, 1 farad EFX cap.

Comment

Just remember beware of the salesmen at the stereo shop. They can be very pushy and their prices are not always the greatest. As for the box, take a look at mine--much better tha a rectangular box. I also have a new concept I'm working with for those who want to keep t-tops storage.

Steve
            www.subthump.com

Comment

Why 2, for the money you could spend on two you could spend a little more and get a w7. :D
              98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by megabass:
                Just remember beware of the salesmen at the stereo shop. They can be very pushy and their prices are not always the greatest. As for the box, take a look at mine--much better tha a rectangular box. I also have a new concept I'm working with for those who want to keep t-tops storage.

Steve
                www.subthump.com
                <hr></blockquote>

Acctually, I was thinking about buying the custom box from your website, but im still searching around incase I can find a cheaper one, I found a Qlogic for two 12 for $269, but so far, I think I might be getting one from your website.

Comment

My friend thinks I should get just one 12" L7, and that should be enough(esspecially for the price) Do you guys think so?

Comment

Ok, went to the stero shop and they told me since I have a 300 watt amp, I should go with two basic JLs, I guess that means the W0s, I hear those are great for our cars anyways, so thats what I think im going to go with, does anyone agree? I thought about a bigger amp, but I don't wanna have to rewire my power wire which is 8 guage, but I saw they had a 800watt sony amp for $200 and it requires a 8 guage power, do you think I should get that with the two JLs? Thanks!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
                      My friend thinks I should get just one 12" L7, and that should be enough(esspecially for the price) Do you guys think so?<hr></blockquote>

1 L7 in mega's Milhouse box... yup, that's the way to go. [img]smile.gif[/img] You have mentioned a 300watt amp, but I haven't seen a mention of the brand/model of that 300 watt amp. If it's jensen, don't bother with an L7, something's gonna blow! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:

Acctually, I was thinking about buying the custom box from your website, but im still searching around incase I can find a cheaper one, I found a Qlogic for two 12 for $269, but so far, I think I might be getting one from your website.
                        <hr></blockquote>

Whichever way you decide to go, let me know about the box. You won't find a sturdier well box than mine for the price. That $269 for the Q-logic probably does not include shipping costs. Prices on my site are shipped prices. Also, if you go with one sub, take a look at the "Milhouse" box I have. It's new and named after the original designer (dr.milhouse).
                        ;)

Steve
                        www.subthump.com

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: megabass ]</p>

Comment

Ok, here's what I think I decided to do, I'm going to get the custom box from subthump.com for two twelves, and I'm going to get two JL 12w0s and a capacitator(i need that, my alternator can't keep up) Which box do I have to get? the undersized on or oversized? The stereo shop here has the W0s, I think thats what they are, he said that was the $99 one which was the cheapest 12 they sold for JLs, but he said that what I should get for a 300 watt amp. Yes its a jensen amp, but im going to change it later once I get some more money after all this. What do you guys recomend for an amp for two JL W0s, I think those run a 125RMS each. Thanks

Also, he said the price range for JL 12s was from 99 to 799, Damn, you think the 799 is for the W7s or something, I could have swore thats what he said.

Comment

Oh yeah, I also have a 10" sub in a band-pass box that sits up on the hump, I think I'm going to keep it there, that way I have 2 12s and a 10, I'm sure that will sound great! For the people who don't know, you can put a box thier on the hump, mine I think is about 14" high and I can see over it just fine in the rearview mirror, I can even see the top of my spoiler over it, just thought I would let ya'll know incase you ever wanna add a sub, not sure how wide you can get them under the glass, but I think mine is around 17" wide with room on both sides to spare.

Comment

I'd not recommend keeping two 12s and a 10. It's going to add weight which is bad and it's probably going to sound like *** which is worse. I have 2 12s and 2 8s and I'm not happy with the way they sound. MOST Of the time I have my 8s unplugged because it sounds worse with the two different sized speakers. If you're going with Mega's 2 12s design you'll be fine. Besides for three speakers you'd need another amp anyway. that's just my couple of pennies
                              Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X