Anyone here MECP certified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here MECP certified?

Just wondering what you have to go through to get certified.
    Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

say what ?
    97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

To be an MECP certified installer. "Mobile Electronics Certified Professional". I hope you know what this is.
      Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

you have to attend on or more classes i think. at CC they pay for the classes for the installers
        i will ask them at work tomarow.
        1995 trans am

Comment

I think you mean C.E.M.A.(Consumer Electronics Manufacturer's Association ) They came up with MECP.

Mobile Electronics Certification Program
          M.E.C.P.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Craft-Matic-Man ]</p>
          <a href=\"http://www.fortunecity.com/uproar/winners/213\" target=\"_blank\">Craft-Matic-Man\'s Web Site</a><p>\"I Was A Wash In A Sea Of Poo\"<br />Johnny Knoxvill / Jackass<p>\"Can You Walk Like A Pimp, Is Your Bizkit Limp\"<br />Whity Ford / Faith Remix

Comment

Same with best Buy, they give you a book to study and pay for tests. But anybody can do it, just pick up a book to study online somewhere, and you have to go to a library or soemthing to take the test. When you order the MECP book, they'll tell you more. But there are more installer certification tests out there than can be counted on two hands. Which is better? Depends who you ask. Some won't settle for less than IASCA certified, some want you to go through FishMan Rivera's class.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

MECP is one of the most recognized...
              \'01 Black WS-6 T/A M6<br />GMMG Exhaust, MTI Clear Lid, Holley Powershot, MAF Ends, Ported TB, STB, Harlan Shiftlight<p>\'98 Silver T/A M6 (SOLD)<br />Borla, Pro 5.0, Ported TB, !CAGS, !EGR, MTI Lid, MAT Sensor, K&N, Whisper MAF ends, FTRA, 160* Thermostat, Harlan Shift Light, MAC Headers With Cats, NGK TR6, Thundervolt Wires, NOS 5177

Comment

There are various schools around the nation that specialize in MECP (not CEMA) certification. To become a certified installer, you must be able to pass the beginners test. Most people attend these schools to be able to pass the tests. Schools such as Mobile Dynamics in Toronto, or Installer Institute in California. The other degrees require job experience and whatnot. You can go back after time on the job to enhance your certification. Go for it if you have the cash for the institutions. It's really worth it. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X