Has anyone installed a double DIN in their F-body?!? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone installed a double DIN in their F-body?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone installed a double DIN in their F-body?!?

I am wontering if any of you know anyone that has installed a double DIN unit into a 93+ F-body. And if so, how did they do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Mike -Justav6- Anaya ]</p>
    I\'m getting too old to have to choke the **** out of you

It can be done, but it takes some pretty custom work. I know one person is doing it now. You can get a trim piece to fit a 1 DIN HU and a .5 DIN eq or something. It's a Metra kit.

·George·

Comment

2 DIN can't be done unless your willing to carve the dash up like mad. You can however do the 1.5 DIN. I've done this with an Alpine CD player and a PPI in-dash 1/2 DIN crossover unit. Looked real sharp until someone else desided they needed it more than me..... :mad:

Steve
      FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
      Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
      Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

You can do it, but it will take some custom work. I remember seeing some pictures not too long ago about this very subject, I'll see if I can try and find it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a double DIN unit?
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

uhm..... i have a double din in my car ........ it can be done ... all i did was cut the trim peice that covers the section.... if u wish to see pics email me .... [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
          97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

I've done it and it looks pretty good... pics coming soon
            Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Guys, I would appreciate any pics you could send to me....

I have a Clarion 6.8 in dash lcd and I am getting a Clarion DIN sized DVD player. I have a 1/s DIN Sony EQ in place now but I dont like the look.

Thanks guys for all the help.
              I\'m getting too old to have to choke the **** out of you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X