No announcement yet.

Best Head Unit - Votes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack another for Kenwood! That's all I'll buy! Bad luck w/ SONY & Pioneer... so sorry about those.

Currently Im sportin the KDC 7017 in my car and love every note! Its a few years old, never serviced or cleaned and its never skipped! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've had numerous Kenwoods and thats all i suggest and install in my friends/family's cars.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

where can i get an eclipise cd deck for my car. And about how much are they? I want to get rid of my Sony ABP that keeps skippin all the $$$$$$ time.
      2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Comment

tried to hit up the eclipse site and it looks to be down
        is there another link?
        R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

To Find Your
          Nearest Retailer:
          (800)55-ECLIPSE
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Another vote for the Alpine D857, gotta love that din and a half, and switchable light colors too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            That\'s not a tool that\'s a damn brick!

Comment

wow, i started this topic a long azz time ago and it still is going strong.

Seems everyone like Alpine or Eclipse.

Comment

I like Eclipse. The 8061 is a rockin' deck.

My number one choice (if I had unlimited funds) would be the McIntosh MX406 Head unit and the MPM4000 Meter unit for double-din applications.

McInstosh Labs

There is no comparison for quality of sound.

Then again, I'm not a big bells & whistles kind of guy. Give me volume, fade, balance and maybe tone controls and I'm happy. (with a head unit)

Of course you'll need the MEC459 EQ, the R1163 Subwoofer controller, the R993 Sub level adjuster and the MCC404M BAD AZZ 4-channel amplifier. (Grand total of well over $25,000) [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Pocket change baby.
                Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

going with the eclipse
                  To speed or not to speed that is the question.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian Dieckman:
                    I like Eclipse. The 8061 is a rockin' deck.

My number one choice (if I had unlimited funds) would be the McIntosh MX406 Head unit and the MPM4000 Meter unit for double-din applications.

McInstosh Labs

There is no comparison for quality of sound.

Then again, I'm not a big bells & whistles kind of guy. Give me volume, fade, balance and maybe tone controls and I'm happy. (with a head unit)

Of course you'll need the MEC459 EQ, the R1163 Subwoofer controller, the R993 Sub level adjuster and the MCC404M BAD AZZ 4-channel amplifier. (Grand total of well over $25,000) [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Pocket change baby.
                    <hr></blockquote>

I had an interview at McIntosh last year. I was talking to the guy after the interview about their car audio line, when he said that their decks are manufactured by Clarion and McIntosh just puts there name on them.

If Clarion is good enough for McIntosh it is enough for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like my Clarion 6675z.

But I want to upgrade to one with EQ/DSP controls.
                    <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

hey, while we're talking unlimited funds, get the Alpine F1 Status head unit and 175-band digital EQ. That IS the cleanest deck in the world. It's limited only by the playback quality of the CD. Alpine decks rule, no doubt. We deal in Alpine and some of the new peices are SWEET! 2 of their new decks are actually 1.3 din. Ones powered and ones a dead head, both are phantom-faced decks with a 1.3 din display that folds out of the dash like a mini indash monitor.
                      1998 3.8 M5<br />246.4 rwhp unknown torque<br />2000 Z28 M6<br />393.7 rwhp 380.6 rwtq

Comment

What kind of prices are we looking at. It might be a good system to look in to if its not overly priced.
                        To speed or not to speed that is the question.

Comment

The Alpine Head and EQ run about $7000 total. The F1 4 channel amp runs about $1600. But you could just run a standard Alpine V12 which runs about 300-600.
                          1998 3.8 M5<br />246.4 rwhp unknown torque<br />2000 Z28 M6<br />393.7 rwhp 380.6 rwtq

Comment

I love my Alpine CDA-7850. Motorized faceplate, slick looks, nice controls, great sound (minus the speakers I blew cause they were ****), motorized faceplate, etc.
                            Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

The Eclipse is a he!! of a nice HU but they are just too plain for me and the on screen text looks cheap. They produce excellent sound quality as do the Nak Head units, but I like a HU with looks and performance so I went with an ALPINE D855.

so therefore I say Alpine

1999 firebird
                              *borla exhaust
                              *D855 HU
                              *2 Alpine type R 12" subs
                              *Pheonix Gold amps
                              *Q logic box
                              1999 A4 Black Firebird<br />17 x 9.5 ROH ZS Wheels powdercoated Black<br />Wings West Front GFX, Y87 Sides and Rear<br />2000 SS leather Seats<br />Alpine HU, Kicker Mids and Highs Diamond 12\" subs, JBL600.1 amp, Epicenter<p>\"All Show, NO GO\" :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X