SOMEONE, Anyone Answer this ? PLEASE - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOMEONE, Anyone Answer this ? PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMEONE, Anyone Answer this ? PLEASE

Alright. I have a 96 camaro with Bose, it also has a tape player right now. I need to get a CD player HEad Unit. Now I would like to get a GM sized one. THere are several Monsoon HeadUnits for sale in the for sale section. Now I need to know if the Monsoon head unit will work with my car completely. Kinda like plug and play. Is the wiring the same, and the other stuff the same? I need to know PLEASE. Im begining to think that NO one knows the answer to THIS! ARGH
    <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

well, sorry to let you down, but i don't know either. however i do have a suggestion, i would try to contact delco (if i'm not mistaken the bose players said delco/bose on them), or maybe monsoon. that'd be the easiest way i would think, maybe not. good luck tho.

edit: i would highly suggest an aftermarket hu. it really doesn't look bad at all, and they're at least as good performance wise, better if you get a decent one.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: whiteshark ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Well...i havent heard from you in a while so my MONSOON is GONE. BUT there are MANY people in the FOR SALE section selling them as cheap as i was so there shouldnt be a problem getting one. AS for whether or not it will work...I still havent found out,, ive heard more NO's than YES's so i dunno. Why dont you just Buy a BOSE headunit? or buy an aftermarket one?
      2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

I suggest you just get an aftermarket HU. I know JVC makes a head unit that fits directly in the dash without any modifications.

Besides...WHY do u want a Monsoon anyway? UGH ****ty.

Comment

Alpine, Pioneer, and Jensen all make full sized 1.5 DIN HU's. They fit perfectly in the oversized GM/Chrylser sized holes. Much better quality than the crappy Monsoon system.
          <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I agree it's better to upgrade. But I have seen many rigged up jobs where a Toyota factory head unit has been put in a GM or Ford. It can be done. You just have to know the wiring colors for the one your outting in, and the one that came with your car so that you can make sure all the right wires are spliced...Colors could be confusing.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I also suggest that you go with an aftermarket HU & speakers (you'll have to do both with the Bose system) It will be worth it.

Factory = CRAP

-Mike
              <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

OK, does anyone know where i can get a cheap Stock BOSE HU then. I dont want an aftermarket one cause of $$ they are quite expensive. I was lookin at gettin the monsoon cause many people in the for sale section had them for a good price? HELp [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks
                <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

EBAY or EBAYMOTORS!!!!!! There is always 93-96 BOSE cd head units!! Check it out, if there isn't one now, there will be one by the end of the week. Later Michael

edit: Go to ebaymotors.com, type in camaro cd player, under search, and there you go $50 starting bid, don't get the Monsoon!

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Louns ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fusion:
                    OK, does anyone know where i can get a cheap Stock BOSE HU then. I dont want an aftermarket one cause of $$ they are quite expensive. I was lookin at gettin the monsoon cause many people in the for sale section had them for a good price? HELp [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks<hr></blockquote>

I've got mine laying around..... e-mail me if you're interested. It's the tape deck model.
                    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

There are decent aftermaket CD players for around $100 brand new. And these have WAY more options then stock and probably RCA outs! How much were you planning on paying??
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

Not over $200 cause Its pointless to put something to expensive in there. Well what is the best GM or Delco One they make or Give me some of the ones you guys have?

Comment

always keep this in mind you get what you pay for with car audio. unless of course you come across the deal of the century. my best advice buy an aftermarket unit and speakers. and spend a day rewireing the car. it is a world of differnce
                          all so for your wire get some quality stuff don't go cheap. if you do it, save up some money and do it right. don't try the quick fix method it never works
                          [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                          1995 trans am

Comment

Hey Hackerboy22, I would go aftermarket. Don't blow your money on a factory deck. Just save another hundred or hundred fifty bucks(in addition to your 200) and buy a decent deck. Then get a mounting kit and a wire harness and do the install. It's easy as hell, and it'll sound ten times better. It's easy to wire around the factory amplification too. Plus, if you ever decide to add some subs, you'll have preouts to wire in an amp or two. If you do decide to go with the factory deck, I'll find wiring layouts in my Engine mechanics class for you. I'm pretty sure it would wire up easily. Oh, yeah, this is beefyboobies. I'll IM ya later.
                            Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X