I think my sub is blown-where to find cheap Eclipse sub - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my sub is blown-where to find cheap Eclipse sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my sub is blown-where to find cheap Eclipse sub

Today I was listening to some music in the parking lot of a store and I got out of the car to get something out of the trunk. About that time my sub started buzzing really bad. Instead of bass it was just buzzing. I dont know about speaker designs but it sounded like it was behind the actual woofer. I have the MTX 6000 sub in a Thunderform box and an MTX 4250D amp is pushing it. The sub is supposed to handle 250 watts and that amp is actually only sending a little over 200. The thing is I wasnt even listening to the music at a loud volume. It wasnt near as loud as I usually listen to it. I took the speaker out of the box, checked the connections and everything looks fine. I even ran it off my other amp and it did the same thing. Is it gone for good?? If so where can I get an Eclipse sub at a good price?? Thanks.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

It may not be your sub that's blown. It may be something in the box that rattling at high speeds. I had a pair of home audio speakers that started doing that. All I did was use a staple gun and staple the back of the box down. Try and examine the box, Or hook up the sub to another friends box.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> If so where can I get an Eclipse sub at a good price?? Thanks. <hr></blockquote>

The only place that you can buy Eclipse stuff online is off of Ebay. Eclipse doesn't allow it's stuff to be sold online, only through it's network of authorized dealers.

With only 200 watts from the amp, the Eclipse 86100.4 sub is a perfect choice. It's the same thing that I have. Cost me $80 at the stereo shop I go to.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am definite that it is the sub. I took it out of the box and hooked it up to the amp and it buzzes like crazy. Also, another indication its the sub, it puts out absolutely no bass, just a lot of buzzing. I will check around with local stores about the Eclipse sub. Thanks again.
      <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

cheapest place to buy a sud hummmmmm.......Ebay! I guess. thats where i got my audiobahn subs for half pirce. It never hurts to look. Theres always a deal.
        <a href=\"http://www.fortunecity.com/uproar/winners/213\" target=\"_blank\">Craft-Matic-Man\'s Web Site</a><p>\"I Was A Wash In A Sea Of Poo\"<br />Johnny Knoxvill / Jackass<p>\"Can You Walk Like A Pimp, Is Your Bizkit Limp\"<br />Whity Ford / Faith Remix

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X