good 10" sub to fit a .60 cu/ft enclosure - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good 10" sub to fit a .60 cu/ft enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good 10" sub to fit a .60 cu/ft enclosure

im looking for a good 10" sub to fit in the JL stealth box

its a .60 cu/ft enclosure

i only want to spend around $70

cause i found the box alone for $130
    at tweeter electronics

and i dont wanna spend over $200 on a sub woofer setup thats just one sealed 10

so what do you guys recommend
    It\'s not forced induction if she takes it willingly

im looking at the MTX thunder 6000's

i can get one for $100, im willing to throw in an extra $30 if its worth it

these seem like really nice subs

Comment

Do you want SQ ro SPL.

If you want SQ then a Nakamichi or Eclipse are the best around! there $75

If you want SPL then you might try an audiobahn or rockford fosgate. They can be as cheap as $80 some places.

If you want a little bit of both SQ and SPL then a Soundstream or an Alpine are good choices. They are about $70-100 for some models.

I never liked the new MTX stuff personally. The old school blue thunders I had were great, but that was from back in the day.
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Try the Alpine type R's . They are a great sub and fit in a small amount of space!
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

I gotta say that that JL box was designed for a JL sub. A 10W0 needs evry little air and not much more power to sound great. A friend of mine recently threw a set-up like that in his TA with a little bitty Rockford amp, it sounds very good, and clean!
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

You've got an amp right? If not, that's gonna be another $200. $130 seems a bit high for an empty 10" stealthbox. My old one was $100, and my friends dual 12" cargo well box was $120.

·George·

Comment

do you know where i can get it cheaper?

Comment

and no, i dont have a sub yet, im lookin at gettin the rockford mono channel 200.1 amp

100w RMS
                200W bridged

notsure of voltages

Comment

Just call all the shops in your area and see what prices you get. You should be able to get it less.

Also, that Rockford 200.1 amp. It's not 200w bridged. You can't bridge a 1 channel amp. It's 200w at 2ohms. To make it put out 200w you'll have to buy a sub that is a 2ohm single voice coil, or a 4ohm dual voice coil.

Just coming from experience, if I were you, I would save up and buy some better stuff. Even if you just save up $200 or $250 more, you can more than double the quality of the stuff you'll get.

·George·

Comment

im a newbie to the audio world, so thx for your input

im not trying to hit any 150db levels or anything

i just want a nice sub + amp to complement my monsoon system

without having me lose out on storing my t-tops

so what sub do you suggest i put in the box and powered by what amp?

Comment

I think that $130 is a little high for that box as well. I also agree that the JL W0 will suit you well. As far as amps... the sky is the limit! Chameloen is correct about the Rockford amp. I think it is 200RMS at 2 ohms. Maybe you were looking at 4 ohms? I don't know your budget, but you might want to step up a little on the amp.
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

If you're absolutely sure that you aren't going to upgrade the Monsoon and other speakers, then you don't have to get anything to powerful.

I think you would be happy with a JL Audio 10W3 with dual 4ohm voice coils. If you power that sub with a Rockford Fosgate Power 250M I think it will sound very good.

Might be a little out of the price range you were hoping for though.

·George·

Comment

If you already have the Steth Box, check out your local JL dealer and ask about the 10W3 Dual 2 Ohm sub....It has more exscursion than most 12" subs around, and that will put you at a 4 Ohm mono load, which any decent amp will be ok with. If you have an amp that can truely handle 2 Ohms mono, get the dual 4 ohm sub. I always sold the W3 for about 150 or a bit less. hey can too if they want to, just ask them to, and they probably will.
                          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

If you get the amp I mentioned you are going to want the dual 4ohm voice coils. Also, if you get any other mono\1 channel amp you are still going to want dual 4ohm voice coils that way your amp will see a 2ohm load and thus create more power. Just about any recent model amp can handle a 2ohm load. The only problems arise if you bridge the amp and then run it at 2ohms. Alot of amps can only handle 4ohms when bridged.

·George·

Comment

Audiobahn Alum 10..... Its dual voice coil at 6 ohms each. Mine is wired to pull 3 ohms from a small amp. I have it in a stealth box. It hits pretty good IMO.

For an extra 60 bucks over your budget its a lot better sub set up.

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
                              Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                              "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                              http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X