Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPLACING RADIO CONTROLS

HELLO,
    first of all I am new here and would like to say give a shout out to all the firebird and camaro lovers. I have a problem on my 1995 firbird v6. One of the radio controls on my steering wheel is cracked. I have the radio controls that are shaped in a trianle pattern (they are found on 95-02 firebirds). The controls work fine but are not nice to look at. Also the light has burned out on the one that is cracked. I have been told conflicting stories as how to replace these controls. Most people tell me the gray plastic piece will pry off with a screwdriver and the new button will just snap in. Others have told me the whole airbag must be removed to fix the radio controls. I dont think I have to do this since they still work, and just the outer plastic piece is cracked. So I was wondering if anyone can help me with this situation. Any ideas on how to do this. Also is the light behind the button easy to fix. I THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE

pop them out with a screw driver. They're pricey as hell though. They're just popped in and they stay there per a plastic catch. It usually gives pretty easy when you pry on it. Make sure you're willing to pay the replacement. By the way, if you're replacing it, there's not much harm in damaging the one you're pulling out.

HTH
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X