Popping sound from subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping sound from subs?

As long as i can remember, whenever i turn off the radio they POP once.. what the heck is that? ive ignored it for a while, but bieng an audiophile it drives me nuts! ven with this new Eclipse head unit still does it.. i know its most likely the amp, but just wanna make sure. I think im gonna return that Eclipse for a Sony..Ive never heard of Eclipse, but the people who are sponsored by the audio shop have them and say they are really good..anyone heard of em?Need your opinions as well.....should i return the Unit and get a new one? Or get a new OEM PAC 1 instead of the Jensen thing i had b4(sorry dont know the name) and use my stock HU and use the money for an amp? I feel like crap and to make it worse, im broke as hell till next week..any help?
    2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

eclipse makes very, very nice subs. the main good thing about their headunits are the high volt pre-outs. their high end models are at 8V! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Chemten10 ]</p>

Comment

I can personally vouch for the Excellent Quality of the Eclipse HU's. AMAZING SQ!!!! I have one myself, and now I swear by them. Much better than old Pioneer's I had.

Sony on the other hand is HORRIBLE when it comes to car audio.

What type of amp do you have, then maybe we can help you better? Whatever you do, don't return the HU, Eclipse is the BEST you can buy.
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Yeah, keep Eclipse [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . Sony makes crappy HU. At least that is my experiance. It crapped out about a year and a half after I bought it.

The poping is just from your amp turning off. Not much you can do except buy a better amp. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

Im another die-hard Eclipse HU owner! KEEP IT. Sony no esta bueno. Even their lower end decks have better (cleaner) line output voltage than Sony. As far as that sound, it's called turn on/off pop. Used to be a huge problems in GM vehicles for a while at least around here. Kind of depends what you have in the car as far as trouble shooting it. But it can be fixed!
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

WOW so Eclipse is all that eh? I figured it was no name so i got ripped off..but thanks to you guys iM KEEPING IT! I like the indigo volume knob..too bad it aint red to match my car =/. Only thing i dont like, is when i turn volume up or down, i here little clicks..almost inaudible..is this a common thing? Doesnt bother me really...also I have sony's 6.5s in the rear..should i put the stock 6.5s back, and movethoes to the front door? Will i get better sound? Thanksa bunch fellas!
            2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X