Alarm mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm mod question

Before I bought an alarm, I looked for one that had a audible keyfob, like one that beeped or vibrated when your car alarm went off, couldn't find one... closest I could find to one was the lcd-pager like ones and that would suck to have to carry a pager around... does anybody have any ideas on how I could add a sort of "paging" feature to my current basic alarm?

I know i can get a real small speaker and antenna for my keyfob but i have no idea what to do on car side... Thanks for the help...
    --Silkie--<BR>==============<BR>1995 3.4l V6 Firebird<BR>No mods yet :)

it's a really cool idea and one day that will be something that we will have with alarms, but for now, the best thing available is an additional pager. Setting up an antenna and a small speaker would be cool, but, the RF circuitry would require tons of work. You'd have to build a separate radio communication from your car to your keys that is completely separate from the one that is there already. The one you are using now is only receiving at the car and sending from the keys (only when buttons are pushed - so battery power isn't used so much). With what you have in mind, the car would have to send a signal to a receiving unit on your keys. You'd have to build/buy that and it would be bigger than the paging units already available. Sorry to rain on your parade. It's a great idea, but implicating it is more hassle than it's worth and would not give you the results your looking for.

:(
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Hrmm I hear what your saying but what I was thinking is that I know there are alarm remotes with lcds on them to show you what is being done to your car... and they are almost the same size as regular multi-button remotes... so if i setup another rf signal from the car and relayed it in from the original alarm so when the positive is opened to sound the alarm through the default horn, it would relay through the new rf unit and activate the tiny speaker on the keychain....i could probably even hook up a cell phone like collapseable antenna on the keychain for extra range... i dont know.. maybe i've just lost my mind [img]smile.gif[/img] but if it works... i hope you all will buy one when i market it with viper :-D...

Come to think of it, does anybody know of a alarm that you can control via a cell phone or pda? that'd be sweet...
      --Silkie--<BR>==============<BR>1995 3.4l V6 Firebird<BR>No mods yet :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Come to think of it, does anybody know of a alarm that you can control via a cell phone or pda? that'd be sweet... <hr></blockquote>

Yeah there is, I think it's a DEI feature called Car*Com. You can controll all the feature through, you cell phone. Call a # and enter password then you can control locks, trunk, remote start, etc. It's a really cool feature, but I dont know how useful it would be.
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X