installing front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing front speakers

I just bought 6 and 1/2 inche sony speakers to go in my front door panels. Anyone know how to get them off on a 2002 firebird. Any help would be grateful thanks
    2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Remove three large screws. 1) bottom of the door inside the armrest storage part, 2) underneath the armrest a little up and over from the first screw, 3) is also under the armrest near the top of it, kinda under where the door lock controls are.
    Next remove the screw above the door handle.
    Pry up the door lock panel with a flathead screwdriver, then pull on the door handle and remove the trim piece that the screw was in. The lock\unlock button will just pop off as you pull the trim off.
    Next remove another large screw that is behind where the door lock panel that you pried up was.
    Now just pull up and away.
    You might have to remove the little triangle piece that is opposite the side mirror, and be careful when pulling off the door so that you don't get it caught on the door lock panel and all the wires.

Oh yeah, when you remove the trim piece that is around the door handle, there is a little LED light on the back side of that. Just twist and pull to take it out.
    Reverse to install the panel.

·George·

Comment

if you dont have the monsoon system, the grills should pop off easily. no need to take the door apart.

Comment

will the stock speaker connections work or will i have to make connecters for it?, I do not have the moonsoon, ju
        st stock
        2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Comment

Unless something changed after 97' those grills are NOT meant to come off. My 97' ones do not come off but if you're sure about that...

Comment

monsoon or not you MUST remove the door panels.

Also you will need an adapter kit to fit 6.5's in the 7" holes.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

The stock headunit is strange, the non monsoon one, and expects a 10Ohm speaker load up front - I have no idea how it'll respond to "normal" 4 Ohm jobbers...

Best of luck to you.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
                monsoon or not you MUST remove the door panels.<hr></blockquote>

i never had to remove my door panels. the grills came off fine with no problems.

Comment

i also didnt need any adapters to fit the speaker although i did need to get new connectors to hook up the speakers to the headunit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X