Convertible system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible system?

I have a 1994 Convertible. I only have the factory system in it. Went to Best Buy and saw some 12's I want to put in, 1000 watt amp, new cd player, etc. Everything needed to make a great system. But the only thing holding me back is the convertible top. If I were to get a good system, would it make the top rattle? Do any of you have convertibles with powerful systems in it?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

i have a 97 Convertible,
    i just bought and installed my system today and sitting in the car it doesnt rattle at all, when i get out and listen from outside the trunk rattles a little bit but if i put some weight on it it stops, so im sure i can fix it.
    when im driving quiet with no music and go over train tracks my top rattles a little bit
    but the system sounds really clear and the top doesnt rattle, kinda weird.
    at low volumes i dont hear any rattling or feel any.
    it might rattle a little bit when I bump it real hard, but then again im bumping it real hard so i cant hear it anyway, and in my car it sounds REALLY clear bass-wise so the little rattling, if any, doesnt affect the quality of the sound.

my brothers hyundai rice mobile rattles like hell compared to my car, it could be due to the fact that we have nothing in the way between our interior and our trunk, while his car has a sealed trunk.

heres what my system consists of:
    one 10- rockford HE2 ($70ish)
    rockford 500.2 amp (&170ish)
    Qlogic box ($30 something)
    rockford 4g install kit ($58)
    pioneer 9300 series head unit ($400ish)
    cerwin vega v-mag 602's 6.5" in the fronts ($58)
    rockford fosgate HPC1206's in the back ($60's)

hope that helps a bit

Comment

I've heard a VERY high power systme in a Conv. before, and it sounded great. It does rattle when you get out of the car, but you cant hear it at all when your inside, even at idle it's unnoiticable.
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

You need a Subsolution.... I have one for sale. It looks like an armrest that mounts between the rear buckets. The ports fire down into the footwell creating some pretty deep bass. People are AMAZED when they hear my system.... the ask how many tens I have in the back...

I tell them none and they freak! It is the prototype, now they are in production. Let me know if you are interested....

Here is the pic of my car with the subsolution and my NOS bottle ;)

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Mike -Justav6- Anaya ]</p>
        I\'m getting too old to have to choke the **** out of you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X