Some good speakers for doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good speakers for doors?

I'm replacing my two front 6 1/2 inch speakers, since the driver's side is blown. I'm probably going to get the speakers from Circuit City, so my selection is limited to this. I was thinking about these...

Panasonic 6-1/2" Speakers
    Infinity 6 1/2" Speakers
    Pioneer 6 1/2" 3-Way Speakers
    Infinity 6 1/2" Speakers <-- quite expensive though...

I have an aftermarket HU, Pioneer DEH-P6600, which has 50W x 4 speaker power (whatever that means, I'm not too good with car audio). So I could use a lotta help in choosing some speakers that'll sound good. Thanks for any input [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Out of the speakers you listed, I'd go with the Infinity Reference series (REF6002I). You can save some money by buying them through Ebay. Here's an auction going now for the same speakers brand new with a 'buy it now' for $65.95. You may also want to check out a pair ofCDT CL-6X's
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

I would buy off Ebay, but I'm only 17 and I don't have a credit card. My parents are buying them for me, and neither of them like buying off the internet (even though most things are cheaper...). The cheaper Infinitys are rated at 50W RMS, so would it be better to get those since my HU puts out 50W per channel?
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

if they change there mind i would get the cdt cl's off of www.thezeb.com. you would probably never want to upgrade if you went with those. these are the ones that are the cheapest and are still great http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL...tem-101083.htm
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Alright, I'm still undecided one what to get...

Today I went to Circuit City and Stereo Shop, listened to some speakers, and found that I liked these...

Infinity 6 1/2" Component Speakers 6000CS
          Alpine SPR-17LP 6-1/2" Type-R Coaxial 2-Way Speaker &lt;-- Not sure if this is the same one, it wasn't as expensive and the tweeter in the middle swivled around.

The only problem I see with the top one (6000CS) is that I will be underpowering it with 50W, not 90W which is its RMS. Also, I was reading the reviews and some people say the speakers aren't that good, as in they don't provide any bass. I would like some bass, but most will be in the rear passenger speakers, so I wouldn't need too much bass outta the front speakers.

So does anyone have any other recommendations?

Comment

Anyone? I wanna get these speakers soon, but I still don't know what to get!

Comment

get the infinitys. youd rather pay more money now, then have to go thru the hassle of buying them later when you decide to upgrade, and then try to sell the other ones.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Alpine 170's. They have low rms requirements and sound superb for replacing the factory speakers and not having an aftermarket amp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X