door panel speakers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door panel speakers ?

I can only get to 2 of the 4 bolts that are holding in my stocker speakers !? do i need to take off my whole door panel ... if soo how in the hell do i get it off any help ?

Yes, you do need to remove the door panel.... wondering how you even got to two of the screws..?? Pryed off the plastic speaker grill? You can find a walkthrough here:
    http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

ya i did n it looks like sh!t now ..... thanks

Comment

When I pulled my door panel off, I noticed something interesting.

The door speaker grilles on my 99 Camaro actually snap in to the panels but two of the tabs on the grille get melted to the panel. It seems as if the original idea was to have a removable grille similar to the sail panels but then GM decided to make them a more permanent part of the door panel.

Comment

i got manual windows is the cran kgoing to get in my way ?

Comment

Originally posted by robson:
            i got manual windows is the cran kgoing to get in my way ?
            Yep. You need a removal tool. Looks like this

Any place sells them.... you could probably find them at a local auto parts shop. Should only be a few bucks.

Very easy to use. Just slip the tool between the door panel and the crank. Like this

That will release a small U-shaped clip that's holding it in place. Don't lose it! It's a little tougher to put back on, but still not hard. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X