A place to mount a DVD player...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A place to mount a DVD player...

...k in the past I had it layin on my backseat...(Ghetto)...so I need some ideas for mounting this baby, its not big, but it's not small, I saw once in a magazine a PS2 in the foam of a backseat, with a cage built around the ps2 to keep it from getting crushed...only problem that you run into there is there is no ventialtion...under the seat is a possibility but I dont want it to get all banged up and ruined...I have to be able to get to it somewhat from the driver seat and the front has to be in clear view for the remote eye...any suggestions???

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Can you mount it under the glove box?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

i ended up putting mine on my rear deck with my amps. pain i know but, theres really no good location to put it up front. what i almost did, if you're ambitious, was to take off the glove box door, fit it in there, and remold the front of the glove box area to fit it. hard to do it right without it looking really ghetto tho.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
        Can you mount it under the glove box?<hr></blockquote>

Ive experimented with that Idea. I had a old school Playstation there. The passenger was constantly kicking it, and it gives them no room for their feet. Believe me its just a pain in the *** . I also tried to mount it in the glove box.I coudn't get anything bigger than a Small ps1 in that area, The airbag equipment allows for absolutely no space.

I basicly destroyed my glovebox experiancing. I had to glue and tape it back together, lucky for me it not noticible.

[ January 27, 2004: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
        Cardomain

Comment

hmm just looking around there might be enough room in the sail panel next to the rear seats, if I mount it sideways...only prob there is that is a home dvd player, no slot load or anything and has to be loaded flat....Im gonna look though

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

under the seat is a good idea and wont get in the way. but i had a fairly small dvd player, it was the dvd player off one of the hand held players with the screen off, and i cut up the inside of the glove box and mounted it to the glove box door. so when you opened the glove box it would lay right in front of you. worked really well cept you couldnt use the remote with the glove box shut.
            [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/zoooom my green camaro

Comment

What ive been wanting to do is put my PS2 in the passenger side air bag place, and fiber glass it so it will look nice.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily do that. Ive heard its highly illegal to take an airbag out of a car that has one. Thats why you can't put in an aftermarket steering wheel. Just a thought. Alot of stuff on my car is illegal, but that kind of thing might void your insurance, so i'd be careful.

zack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X