H/L and Tail light ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H/L and Tail light ?????

I have a 97 maro and whrn I turn on the car the tail lights are on with out the h/l switch being on, has anybody else's camaro do this, is this normal on these? I just bought it in sepetember and it has pretty much been parked since I got it and I would like to know about this asap.
    97 \'maro 3.8L with magana flow exhaust and K&N air filter

Are you starting when it is dark out?
    Our cars have Day Time Running Lights, but they also have automatic head lights. If it is getting kinda dark out, there is a photo eye on the top of the dash board that tells the head lights to come on, which would also make the tail lights come on.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

does it in broad daylight also

Comment

that little thing he was talking about is prolly shot, meaning it keeps sending the voltage, or you have a short in that line....lift up that little part where the vents are on your dash and put a resistor in line with that little sensor

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:
          that little thing he was talking about is prolly shot, meaning it keeps sending the voltage, or you have a short in that line....lift up that little part where the vents are on your dash and put a resistor in line with that little sensor<hr></blockquote>

Yeah you probably want to go buy the photoresistor from the dealership so that you get the proper ammount of resistance..sounds like you have a short in that electrical line somewhere.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Hey grndlvl, if the photocell is bad and your tail lights are coming on, then your head lights will also be coming on. Are your head lights coming on too without turning the switch on? If so you can do what I did, I took the photocell out and took a small piece of wire and made a jumper to put on place of the photocell. I have had mine like that for over a year and it works great. Of course you will have to turn your lights on and off manually if you do that.
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
            Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

ok where exactly is this photocell at anyway?

Comment

Ok here is a couple of pics for you. Are your headlights coming on too with your tail lights? If they are not the photocell is probably not the problem. But anyway, the photocell is under the dash pad to the right of the defroster vent. You lift up the pad and you will see the photocell. Here is a pic of the photocell I took out of my 2000 camaro.

To the right of those red and blue wires is where the photocell should be located at.

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Andy H ]</p>
                2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
                Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

yes the headlights are coming on not the drl

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X