EQ settings on deh-47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ settings on deh-47

Just got a pioneer deh-p47dh hooked up and can't seem to get the audio setting to sound quite right. I understand the low-mid-high settings and get it close but the audio f?k/Q?w or n settings are what seem to be giving me some trouble... are these the eq freq for bass and trebble. well I guessing they are but I need help on getting it right. What the heck does the Q stand for? and why can it only get adjusted +2 or -2. Anyways, anyone with any info would help out. Thanks

2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
    Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
    Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

I couldnt tell you how to set your EQ because I have never even seen the Pioneer model, but as far as Q goes, Q is the ratio of reactance to resistance in a series circuit, or the ratio of resistance to reactance in a parallel circuit.

You have to know what Qes, Qms, Qtc and Qts are to fully understand what Q is. Basically the lower you set your qts, the smoother the sound is, and the higher qts is, the 'boomier' the bass is.

My suggestion to you is this: Most EQ's are for advanced stereo users, without having a full comprehension of what all of them do, you can either A.) Mess around with it until you get a sound you like, or B.) Take it somewhere, whether it be to a friend, or a local stereo shop and have them preset it for what ever sound you want.

An EQ is much more complex than just
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> bass and trebble <hr></blockquote>
    if it was the same, what would be the point of it?
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Thanks for the input... after about three hours of messing around with it I finally got it sounding right.... thanks again... [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
      Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
      Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

Comment

I think the Q for the Pioneer HU is how "wide" or narrow" the bass sounded I think thats the terms the manual used. I think it sounded either boomier or tighter. I'm not 100% sure, I read up on it when I had my Pioneer but forgot what it ment.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X