installing my own system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing my own system

i have the monsoon 10 speaker setup, and have a new kenwood head unit and replacement speakers that i got off ebay, would i be able to install the stuff myself or would i be better off just going to a car stereo place? also what are the chances of me being able to install an amp and sub too?
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

If you dont know much about stereos or electronics, then you'd probably have better luck taking it somewhere...

But if you want to take the risk, I'm sure someone in here can help you..
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I would help you out, but I'm not familiar with the stock Monsoon setup. It's fairly easy if you know the basics about electronics. If not, I would recommend going to a stereo shop(STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY!). Replacing the stock head unit and speakers is fairly easy. I think there is something else you have to do with the Monsoon though.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Installing yourself shouldn't be that hard, but if you are bad with electronics, and technical stuff u should just pay some dude 50 bucks and they will install it for you...

Comment

Your Monsoon stock system is 10? I thought they were only 8. I have the monsoon 8 speaker system. But i dont know.
          Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

The monsoon system is harder to install single components in then you all think. Every part of that system has a different impedance, and with a new deck and no new speakers, or a new deck and no new sub, you will have an impedance mismatch. Impedance Missmatch = reduced power out, distortion, and damage to your components.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Your Monsoon stock system is 10? I thought they were only 8. I have the monsoon 8 speaker system. But i dont know. <hr></blockquote>

The camaros have a 8 speaker monsoon system, and the firebirds have 10
            1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X