running the wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running the wires

i bought a system and i dont know where to run the wires, how do i get teh power to the battery the easyest way? and the easyest way to get the cables to the deck? i have a 89 firebird

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Clint3240 ]</p>
    White 1989 2.8 v6 firebird(restoring)

Pretty sure theres a hole in the firewall, just stick the wires through there. You should be able to just pop the hood and see where it is.
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

is that what you did? what side? also what is the wire called that goes from the box to the amp? not the wire that goes to the sub to the box...i just need the wire that goes from the box to the amp

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Clint3240 ]</p>
      White 1989 2.8 v6 firebird(restoring)

Comment

No, I dont have a 3rd gen so I dont exactly know where or if there is a hole. But usually you can just slide wires through there, so if you found it you are in good shape.

If you have trouble, I know a guy with a 89 Camaro, and I'll take a look at his.

The wires that go from the sub to the amp is speaker wire. Probably 16 gauge if you have to go buy some.
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

http://www.fbodyaudio.com/articlevie...4thgenfaq.tech

about half way down

Comment

At one point I had a 92 maro and had a "system" in it. well anyway. The PCM is located under the dash on the passengerside. There is gromet there where the PCM wires go through the firewall. You can try to push your wires through. In my 92 the battery was on the drivers side, so I ran the wires down the drivers side and drilled a small whole right next to the steering wheel shaft. It will come through about 4 inches above the brake pedal, so it makes it really easy to pull back the carpet to route the wire to the HU.If you do drill, make sure to use a grommet, and mabey even a little silocon sealent to keep it in place. I hope this helps.
            Cardomain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X