Whats a good head unit to replace the one for the monsoon? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good head unit to replace the one for the monsoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good head unit to replace the one for the monsoon?

I mainly want one that will play MP3s. Im not sure with the stereo sizes too, but one thats like double size (I think my friends were sayings its like a size 2 or some ****?). I also want one that works with our system so it stays in dolby surround. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Golbez ]</p>
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Our stock size is 1.5 din. Not double din. Don't get confused and buy the wrong head unit!!
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Well looks like ur getting a single DIN, because with 1.5 your limited, and I personally haven't seen one that plays MP3s. I don't know your price range but i highly reccommend these two: Kenwood KDC-MP819 and Kenwood KDC-MPV7019. Also your gonna need a metra kit to mount it a wire harness and an antenna adapter, install is real easy. hope this helps
      2001 A4 Firebird<br />W68 package, 3.42s<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebirdguy225\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

oh yeah its gonna be hard i think cuz the monsoon is powered by a ****ty amp so u are probably gonna need some type of wiring harness or just rewire ur system, also don't worry about that dolby surround, our stereo don't have it!
        2001 A4 Firebird<br />W68 package, 3.42s<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebirdguy225\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Replace everything, the monsoon system isnt that great.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Get an ALL ALPINE system! They are without a doubt the best. Kenwood is okay, Eclipse are good, but not for mp3 but ALPINE is the BEST!

Comment

yeah alpine is amazing if you wanna pay top dollar, but kenwood excelons are right up there with them tho.

Comment

kenwood is the same price if not more expensive..And there are too many buttons on a kenwood, I feel as if I need the manual out to change the radio stations.

Not because I have all Alpine, but because I found that they are the best. If you are looking for a good mp3 player, go alpine. I havent used the 7895 (I think thats the model number) but the 7894 is awesome. Me personally, I have the 7893 and the Alpine mp3/cd changer; works great.
                1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Hey RS tell me where to find all of that Alpine stuff cheap.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firebirdman225:
                    Well looks like ur getting a single DIN, because with 1.5 your limited, and I personally haven't seen one that plays MP3s. I don't know your price range but i highly reccommend these two: Kenwood KDC-MP819 and Kenwood KDC-MPV7019. Also your gonna need a metra kit to mount it a wire harness and an antenna adapter, install is real easy. hope this helps<hr></blockquote>

Oh yeah, someone was telling me Ill have to do some weird stuff to get my steering wheel controls to work right on a new head unit, like it'd have to be wired to some remote or some ****. I guess I could get an FM modulator and an MP3 player, it works just about as good.

I'm not gonna blow alot of money on it, but I do want a decent head unit, most of the money Im spending is going under the hood, not for the sound system. Thanks for the links though, I really like that first one.

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Golbez ]</p>
                    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X