What amp for my speakers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amp for my speakers??

I have the Rockford Fosgate HPC2206U speakers.
    Here are the specs:
    Size: 6 1/2
    Sensitivity: 89 dB
    Frequency Response: 35-24,000 Hz
    Recommended RMS Power: 75W
    Peak Power Handling: 150W
    Impedance: 4 ohms

Whats a good ....pretty inexspensive amp that I could pic up to power them? I was kind of looking at the Pioneer GM-X364.
    Here are the specs:
    Amplifier Type: Multi-Channel
    RMS Power: 40W x 4 @ 14.4V
    Bridged RMS Power: 70W x 2 @ 14.4V
    THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.008%
    Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
    Preamp Outputs: Yes
    Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
    Bass Boost: n/a
    Frequency Response: 10-50,000 Hz
    Channel Separation: n/a
    Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB
    Fuse Rating: n/a
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

get an MTX Thunder 1300 series (I think) its their 180W amp if i remember correctly.. u divid that into 2x90W output and it will be just perfect...

Comment

Rockford speakers always sound better with a Rockford amp. Sure MTX and Pioneer have great prducts, but in this scenario I am partial to Rockford. Depending on how many speakers you are running (two or four), I'd go with either the Rockford Punch 150S or the Punch 300S. Great value and great sound from both. If you look on the internet you will probably spend around the same as you would for the Pioneer.

Also when you are looking at the specs of the amp, don't look at the RMS wattage at 14.4V because your system will never run that high. I usally just go by the 12V rating and if I get a higher voltage than that, its just a added bonus.
      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I agree with RSFIREDOG,

No matter what anyone says a car audio company always makes their products to be best compatable with their own brands i.e. Rockford Fosgate with Rockford Fosgate, Alpine with Alpine, MTX with MTX.

Comment

If you've looked at my car domain sight....its really really outdated. My alpine got stolen a few weeks back, now I picked up a pioneer head. So would the 4-way amp be connected to the head in any way??
          My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

Yeah it would be, since you got a pioneer deck, it should have RCA Preoutss for both front channel (L&R) and rear (L&R) it will also have one for a subwoofer but thats for later.., these rca pre-outs plug into the amp, and you wire the speakers to the amp...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X