rear defrost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear defrost

My car's got the rear defrost option (or so I think), and I can't find the button for it anywhere (it's nowhere to be found on the dash). there's also a small spot missing on one of the lines across that's been scraped off. Is there any way to fix it or is it time to buy a new window? Thanks.

The rear defrost botton is right by the knob that allows you to turn the fan speed up or down. It should be a little button on the left side of the fan knob...

Comment

If your rear window has lines on it, then yes, you do have the rear defrost option.

Yup, little button down there. It has kinda wavey lines on it.

As for the line being scraped off, thats gona be hit or miss. I know some systems, if a line broke, the whole thing is shot, others, just part is shot. I'm not sure which our cars are. Even so, the whole window doesn't need to be replaced, just the defroster lines.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]</p>
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

did the car have tint before? how else could the defrosted be scrape unless some was careless
        2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Carelessness I believe. There's no button next to the fan speed knob. Trust me, I've looked everywhere. I thought maybe they were fake (I have no idea why they would be) but they appear to be real as far as I can tell... Early morning drives haven't been much fun since it got cold....

Comment

have you tried chasing the wires down?...follow them from the window to where they end...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X