What would you suggest I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you suggest I do?

This weekend I'm going to Best Buy to buy some new speakers (gift cards put to use [img]smile.gif[/img] ). I don't really want to get an aftermarket HU b/c I don't want something that screams STEAL ME! I was thinking a way to get around this would be to get a 4 channel amp and wire it up off the stock HU. Would this be worth all the work (I've never installed an amp before and not sure if I could find someone around here to do all that work)? If you think I should do this, where could I put this amp, would a 4x50 be fine, and (assuming i can't figure this out) how much would i probably have to pay to get it done if it's wired with line level inputs to each speaker? Thanks for the help,

Rob
    <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Just get a new H/U for your car. That is where anyone should start with their stereo system.... the stock H/U sucks, and its not worth hooking up a amp to it.

You don't have to get one of those flashy new H/U's with all the neon. Get one like pioneer series with subwoofer level control (so you can turn up/down the volume), built in crossover, equilizer functions.... the faceplates are deachable, and are simple and not flashy neon like some of the newer decks out there screaming STEAL ME

-silicuda

Comment

What model HU would any one suggest? I need a detachable faceplate b/c I live in the middle of downtown and i'm going to need to be able to hook up an amp and two 10" subs later, possibly a CD changer. I'm looking to spend $200-$300 on the HU. I guess since whatever I get has to have a detachable faceplate, it doesn't really matter if it's flashy or not, just i don't want it to clash w/ my entirely black interior. And now that I've made a simple question extremely long...thanks for all the help guys,

Rob

P.S.
      I was at Best Buy (probably where I'll end up buying this from) and saw a couple diff brands - I only really remember JVC, Sony, and maybe Pioneer. I know I'm not going to get Sony just from what I've heard people say here, but what brand/model would you suggest that I may find at Best Buy?
      <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

I would highly recommend Pioneer Premier series..

their DEH-4400 is great, I have the DEH4200 myself (last years model).. what you should take into consideration which is very important is SUB LEVEL CONTROL, and SUB WOOFER RCA OUT connectors.
        This deck has it... here is the link...

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...3015&scat=3010

Only $199.99!

Instead of 2x10"s i'd personally recommend 2 12"s.. they can typically strike lower frequences which is very important, and they put out a better bass response in general...

Here is a system I'd put together next for a new install...

-Pioneer Deck with subwoofer rca outs, and sub level control
        -2 x 12" 500W subwoofers (Concept makes great subs!! f**** amazing sound) in a PORTED enclosure..
        -1 600W to 800W subwoofer, NO SONY PRODUCTS!!
        -1 1 farad capacitor *to prevent your lights from flashing like insane when u have the beats on..

Since you will be getting 2 subs, make sure that their combined Wattage value is higher than the AMP. You do not want your amp to overpower your subs, you always want the subs more powerfull so they sound good at all times.

IE: 2 500W 12" CONCEPT subs == 1000 Watt total
        a 800W will be perfect to run this system just fine, set to deliver 400W per channel to each sub...

cheers,

silicuda

Comment

if you live in the middle of the city i would suggest to just run pre outs on the back of your deck. most likely you will have to have someone do this for you, but it will be cheaper than buying a new h/u. putting new preouts on the h/u is about 40-60$. for the instal of the amp, it won't be to difficult if you don't have the monsoon set up, because you have amps in the back right panel where the spare tire is that need to be rerouted or disconected. i say get the amp and 4 speakers and disconect the far back speakers. if you do this you will notice quite a change. hope this helps.

Comment

oh and you can mount you amp in the spare tire well. just mount a board there and run your wires under the carpet and no one will know what you have unless you tell them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X