WIring help????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIring help????

hello i just bought two rockford fosgate hx2rfr3112 12" subwoofers and a rockford fosgate 1001bd amp.. I wanted to know how should i wire the speakers..and if it would be better just to buy another of the same amp and run one amp per sub.. also will i need a cap for this setup.. or am i gonna need a new alternator besides this amp i also have a audiobahn a6004t.. so thanks for your advice. :cool:

As I recall, the Power Hx2's are only available in a dual 2 ohm version. If you want to run both subwoofers off a single 1001bd you will need to use a series-parallel configuration. Here's a great link with a pic of that.(2 DVC series-parallel) Each subwoofer is rated at 1000WRMS. Would you want a second 1001bd? That depends on the box you are using and your personal taste. Try it out with just the single amp for now. If you feel you need more bass, you might think about adding a second 1001bd..... but wait. Then you will be forced to run each 1001bd at 1 ohm.......... or will you. :D The newer Fosgate bd line has a feature called "bd sync". It just basically allows you to piggyback one amp onto another. Making it a 2000WRMS power house! :D If you find that you want more bass, and your box config will allow you to add more power, this is the only way to go. But I'd play it safe and only buy the single 1001bd for now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 31, 2003: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]</p>
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      4 days ago
    • ssms5411
      Little work today
      by ssms5411
      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
      2 weeks ago
    • LETZRIDE
      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X