98 door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 door speakers

I bought some new pioneer premier 6.5s for replacements of my blown door speakers. When I opened up the door panel, the stock speakers had four wires leading to them, but all speakers ive seen (including the ones I bought) have two wires leading to them. What are the other two wires for? I ended up splicing two of each color wire together to go to the connectors, but now Im getting a lot of static coming through. Did I do sometheing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Also has anyone had any good or bad luck with pioneer premier?

do you have the bose speaker system? if so, the extra wires are for the individual AMPS that power each speaker. then of course i could be wrong...
    A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

Thats what is sounds like, I only have 2 wires going to my door speakers. You might want to un-splice those wires or something might start smoking.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Theyre just factory AC delco speakers.

Comment

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what those extra wires are for, I remember looking at a wiring diagram a few weeks back, and it only showed 2 wires going to the door speakers.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Since splicing all four wires sounded like crap, I took turns connecting each pair of wires to the new speakers. One pair made the speakers sound like a tweeter, one like a mid. So I just left the two that sounded like a mid connected and the new speakers sound pretty good. I guess the other two were in case you want to add tweeters to your car later on. I still don't know why the factory speakers had four different connections with all four wires attached though. Maybe they had a built in crossover or something? Noone at the stereo shop I bought them from had seen anything like it. Anyway those pioneer premiers sound way better than the ripped up paper ones that were in there. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X