Eclipse vs. Kicker vs. Fosgate vs. Audiobahn - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eclipse vs. Kicker vs. Fosgate vs. Audiobahn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little research, It does lower the frequency, I stand corrected on that BUT if the frequency is lower than what the port is tuned to, the sub will free air. Causing damadge to the speaker. However it doesn't cover all the frequencies as well as sealed can. As for tuning it lower, it depends on what application you are going with. If you are going SPL 50-60Hz is better as lower frequencies do not meter as well. If you want an everyday driver and want to hit the lower notes, then you can tune it lower. But for SQ IMO I have to say even a well built ported box can't compete with a sealed box. I have heard both side by side when my 2 friends were debating this same thing. Both boxes were well built.

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
      And a sub will only play as though it was free-air below its tuned frequency. If you tune low, as mentioned before, you should have any problems with that. <hr></blockquote>
      That's what I said.....
      And I have seen cars with ported boxes win SQ comps before.... it's all in the design....
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

doh :slaps forehead:
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

the new phoenix gold titanium subs kick butt. my friend has a pair and they hit really hard. i don't know if they are dual voice coil but they don't take up much space. you can find these pretty cheap on e-bay. about 150 or so online, but if you go to a store you will spend about 250-300 per speaker.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
            doh :slaps forehead:<hr></blockquote>

[img]smile.gif[/img]
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

If you are worried about space, cost, and size. My way to go would be alpine. The Type R's are fairly inexpensive, and are well worth the money. The spider is one of the better designs that I've seen on subs, and hook up great in small enclosures. I have approx. 3/4 of a foot for each sub, sealed box in the trunk of my camaro, and they sound great. I have 300watts RMS running to each and they are plenty loud. As far as your RF amp, I'm not too sure what the differences are between the 500s and the 550x, but I have used to 500x on 2 rockford he2's. Granted they were 10's but nevertheless sounded great.

Honestly though, great price, great looks, and great sound...go with Alpine Type R's

I love showing off my system, so if you want to see what they look like installed check out http://www.sounddomain.com/id/rsfiredogg I get a crap load of compliments for them looking good, and if my judgement is correct, based on your first post, you are more concerned with looks than anything.
              1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSFireDog:
                As far as your RF amp, I'm not too sure what the differences are between the 500s and the 550x<hr></blockquote>

The 500s is more powerful.

P.S. the Type R's ARE great!
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

I'm more concerned with blowing away my friends stuff. They are die-hard sony fans, and swear I am stupid for paying so much for RF stuff. I tried to explain to them the quality of Sony stuff but they werent buying it. Im just a few decibals ahead of them now, and i want to extend my lead, thats why im upgrading my subs. Im now seriously considering the Infinity perfect kappa 12.1's they are highly sensitive (96db) and fit my price range well. The alpines are great looking, and the price is right, but are not nearly as sensitive (87db). They wont turn my little bit of power into as much as the infinitys will.
                  99 Black Convertible Bird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird</a> <p>Whisper lid, K&N, raised airbox, removed MAF screen, American thunder cat-back w/resonator, gatorback belts, mirror tinted windows, tons of Streetglow neon,PAC-OEM1, RFPower550s pushing Polk 12\" GNX-124s, Cobra Esd-9210 laser/radar detector, when i get more bills, i\'ll get some real mods...

Comment

Sensitivity doesnt mean anything without good X-max, vas, and qes.

Box size is important in F-Body's seeing as there isnt that much room in that little pit in the back. All of Alpines numbers are actually an understatement, and can be tuned lower than 20Hz.

Rockford's site is not up right now, but I think that the only subs they make that come close are the HE2's.

Infinity makes a good sub. I went to the Kappa website and looked at the specs for the perfect. Although a detailed list was not given I shot them an email and hopefully will hear back in a few days. More than likely those specs are in a tuned box that is 6 cubic feet.
                    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

JL AUDIO

thats all im going to say.
                      1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

WRONG!
                        The 500S is a Punch series 2 channel amp that is rated at 500watts total. The 550X is a POWER series 4 channel amp that is rated at 550watts total.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:

The 500s is more powerful.
                        <hr></blockquote>
                        2000 Firehawk #009

Comment

Just so you know its a POWER 550S that i have, not a 500S, or a 500X.
                          137.5 x 2@4ohms
                          275 x 2@2ohms
                          99 Black Convertible Bird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird</a> <p>Whisper lid, K&N, raised airbox, removed MAF screen, American thunder cat-back w/resonator, gatorback belts, mirror tinted windows, tons of Streetglow neon,PAC-OEM1, RFPower550s pushing Polk 12\" GNX-124s, Cobra Esd-9210 laser/radar detector, when i get more bills, i\'ll get some real mods...

Comment

I second that JL Audio remark!!
                            Slp Hood, Raised Airbox, K&N Airfilter, 80 Series Flowmaster, Chrome 3in slash cut tips, 2% Limo Tint,Panasonic Head Unit, JL 6.5\'s in the doors, JL tweeters on the dash. Kick panels with JL 5.25 csi componet set. 2 JL12W3\'s in a probox. A JL 300/2 amp for the mids and high\'s, and a JL 500/1 for the BOTTOM. Xstatic Batcap 400(=200 farad). 18x8.5 chrome Zenetti Vegas, 245/40ZR18 Avon ZZ1\'s all the way around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X