what exaclty are the deck and the hu? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what exaclty are the deck and the hu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what exaclty are the deck and the hu?

i probally sound like a idoit, but i don't know jack about car systems. I want to improve my sound in my car and from what ive read this is a easy way of doing so. thanks
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
    Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

The deck and head unit (hu) is your radio/cd player. You can get an aftermarket HU to start with if your wanting to upgrade your sound system.

Kenwood has great stuff! Thats what I have Model 617 Xcelon
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

I prefer Alpine, they are top of the line! Kenwood only makes good HU's if you buy the eXcelon series. I have a HU that fits our cars perfectly for sale if you want to buy it. Check out my signature in "My Camaro" and gotto page 2 to look at it.

Comment

How much for the hu?? hook me up with a good deal and it's sold... :D
        2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
        Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
        Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

Comment

Head unit (HU) and deck are just other ways of saying CD player. People say that because you could be talking about CD player, MP3 player, DVD player... etc. etc.
          For a good aftermarket (meaning not stock)I recommend the Alpine CDA-7892.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1948970618
          Hello? Time correction for $200?!?!?! That does it right there!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I CHALLENGE ANYONE to find a better head unit for the money!
          [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

thanks that was so obvious lol.
            1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
            Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

150 shipped. Professionally installed and taken out.

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: naptown ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
                I prefer Alpine, they are top of the line! Kenwood only makes good HU's if you buy the eXcelon series. I have a HU that fits our cars perfectly for sale if you want to buy it. Check out my signature in "My Camaro" and gotto page 2 to look at it.<hr></blockquote>

Alpine makes good stuff, but they are way overpriced. I don't think there is one "best" company, some are good in areas where others suck.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

It's all about the #'s really.

S/N Ratio: higher # = better

Freq. Resp: this applies to what your speakers can handle. Most are the same.

FM Sensitivity: Lower the better. Pull in more stations from greater distance.

And of course wattage: RMS = continuous power. Make sure your speakers can handle it. Peak = quick burst of maximum wattage. Careful when you crank it.

I just bought this one for a steal, and it's got fantastic all around #'s. Never had a problem w/ the brand either.

Clarion MP3 HU

Comment

LOL!
                    Been reading a lot of Crutchfield huh Dewey??!!
                    LOL!
                    The chances of you actually being able to tell the difference in those #'s.... very slim.
                    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Alpine makes good stuff, but they are way overpriced. <hr></blockquote>
                    Did you read my post??
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
                      LOL!
                      Been reading a lot of Crutchfield huh Dewey??!!
                      LOL!
                      The chances of you actually being able to tell the difference in those #'s.... very slim.

Did you read my post??
                      <hr></blockquote>

Crutchfield is my bible, that's for sure. But if you can't tell the difference in the #'s, then you're completely deaf. FM sensitivity for example. I can't pick up a station in my town from my back yard with my stock Delco stereo. S/N ratio: I'd rather not hear any hissing from my tunes thank you. Frequency response: c'mon, you can't be serious. Either your HU reproduces the true sounds of the tunes you're listening to, or it doesn't. Have you ever listened to a CD, waiting for the bass to kick in, and be sorely disappointed in the weakness?

[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: Dewey ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dewey:
                        Crutchfield is my bible, that's for sure. <hr></blockquote>
                        I can tell!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Crutchfield puts that stuff in their mag so Joe Audio can pick it up and know what the hell it means. But in all actuality the differences are slight.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dewey:
                        Frequency response: c'mon, you can't be serious. Either your HU reproduces the true sounds of the tunes you're listening to, or it doesn't. <hr></blockquote>
                        Totally serious. All head units have very close to the same frequency response ratings. And they usually extend much further then you will ever need. Why? Because human hearing stops at around 20Hz. Many head units go clear down to 5Hz. And for highs.... clear up to 20K. Worry about your speakers and more importantly their enclosures first.
                        And many S/N ratio ratings are very close. +/- 10db. When it comes to stock H/U's.. they suck. No doubt about it. But as far as aftermarket equipment goes, will you actually be able to hear a difference between 90db and 100db in S/N ratio??? MAYBE. A strong maybe. A difference of 5? No. If you hear any hissing you should probably look elsewhere. But that doesn't say the head unit couldn't be the cause of some noise. But not from the ACTUAL ELECTRONICS that make it up. It would have to be induced noise.
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

i cant believe that you said alpine is way overpriced. Their CDA-7892 has really everything you could possibly need in a HU for only 200$. Time correction, high end eq, 3 pair of 4.5v preouts, REMOTE CONTROL... beats all in its price range for the $. Overpriced? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dan miller:
                            i cant believe that you said alpine is way overpriced. Their CDA-7892 has really everything you could possibly need in a HU for only 200$. Time correction, high end eq, 3 pair of 4.5v preouts, REMOTE CONTROL... beats all in its price range for the $. Overpriced? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

FINALLY!! SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME!!!! I TELL EVERYONE THAT!!! NOBODY SEEMS TO REALIZE!!!!
                            :rolleyes:
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

then again people also buy their first system and think that it is better than anything else on the market. I would imagine over half of the board uses this viewpoint and doesnt even think about how much better other products can be.
                              My god, i have seen people on the board before talking about how base line sony and lightning audio "hits"?!?!?!? And oh boy do i love the bazooka bass tube and how "amazing it is".
                              If people were to research, test, own, or do anything with multiple brands of equipment then these unintellignet remarks would never have to be read.
                              Just for clarification, in the price range you are going for, i believe you should research and listen for yourself to the brands of alpine, kenwood excelon, and pioneer premiere. dont get pressured into buying; jensen, sony, panasonic, rockford or any other cheap brand of headunit.

Flame away :rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X