Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a system, bought stuff

hey all,
    i realize everyone bashes sony and thier products, however i'm having good results with my xm-1200gsd amp. it's rated at 1200w at 1 ohm.

my amp is pushing two infinity reference 10's, rated at 250 rms, 1000max. this is a really cheap setup, just over $300. i would recomend it to anyone on a budget. i can be heard over a block away with this setup and i have the crappy delco 4 speaker stereo.

i also just purchased infinity kappa 63.5i 3-ways for the front. any thoughts on these? how will they be sounding feeding off the crappy wattage of the delco?. thanks for your opinions

btw, i dont want comp. and i plan to chage my hu
    A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

1200 at 1 ohm MAX
    soooooooo hers ur stats
    600 at 2 ohm max
    300 at 4 ohm max ( average speakers )

so im going to guess 150 RMS..... still sound good to you????

Comment

not to mention it's sony....ugh
      anyhoo, i doubt you can be heard a block away, whats your dB rating?
      -Steve

Comment

i'm not lying to you guys. my brother tells me he can hear me coming from like a block away. i have no way of measuring Db. for the price, i feel its a good system, even if, it's sony. although the amp is probably crap, it does push good power, more than 250 rms to each sub, which is good enough for me.
        A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

your amp is not pushing 250 rms to each sum , i can guarantee that...
          you speakers ar most likeyly 4 ohms which means with your amp it could only push 75 RMS to each sum 150 max...... thats an estimate but its going to be very very close trust me on this crap man... i have researched a bunch, i got 2 18"s 3000 watt (2000 RMS) amp, extra optima battery(in the side of the trunk) 6 farad cap... and a lot of work and time spent in it... I wouldnt doubt u that the subs sound good for the money... Thats wut the explode series is basicly for. Cheap and "cool" looking for the money. im not trying to bash you but your trying to give that amp too much credit :)

Comment

o and the a block away? hehe you can hear me over 200 yards away and inside a house....no joke
            but.... i have to have hearin protection on at that time... otherwise i got it a lil lower

Comment

JEBUS!
              your the one w/ those 2 18's, no?

how much did everything cost you? hows the spl :D ?

Comment

look this is 01 blackbirds brother, it seems all u ignorant folks discredit things based on brand before ever giving it a shot, in this case sony. For the most part it's true, but u gotta give each product it's chance, prejudice leads to injustice. Sony's take on the d-class amplifier is a great one, delivering 600w RMS @ 2 ohm, 300 @ 4. All for 175 + shipping, plus it's got a good protection scheme and is very flexible as far as incorporating it into systems. I can assure u all I know more about stereos than 99% of you, and this thing pushes what it says, making the references beg for mercy at half gain. No, its not the amp distorting either. Im not trying to push sony here, just giving credit where credit's due. All u people out there with ur overpriced JL and Rockford crap take note, just cuz u pay a lot doesnt mean u get a lot. Learn what's out there first, and u'll find there's much better stuff for better prices. For my money, the best deal as far as mono amps is the JBL bp1200.1 pushing out 1200w of power @ 2 ohm, and tests show that to be at 12v and possibly underrated. Granted, ur F-bodys electrical system cant deliver that with reasonable stability, but for 250 bucks u cant go wrong. Just know that the box/install of ur system can make or break it. BTW that 3.8 is cuz i got a '02 mustang that'll beat ya f-body 6-ers. Got beef w/ that? tough :)

PS My brother's subs are loud and hit hard given their wattage, due to the high sensitivity of infinity's speaker. Normally one could barely hear these coming from a block away, but since their in an F-body, sound leaks out excessively. Face it, it's due to GM's poor insulation and overall interior build quality. My .02

PPS DONT BUY CAPACITORS (or "caps"), unless u barely overtax ur battery. I'll spare u the math, but 1 farad is almost nothing in a power hungry system. Save that 100 bucks and get ur alternator rewired or buy a higher end one. Just click the link. It's useful to some, but not to the extent everyone believes. Besides, most QUALITY amps have auxillary capacitors. There, diss.

CAPPIN' on CAPS

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: 01blackbird ]</p>

Comment

So dont talk b4 u get the facts. Sure u have a a great system, if you don't like ur auditory sense. PLZ, spare me the "that's max rating" crap. Look it up number wise, then see what other's have to say.

Comment

it's not so much that our cars have poor insulation, it's where they're placed and what kind of car u have. the t-top cars leak more cuz they're t-tops. since most subd in out cars face forward, they project the sound ahead of the car and out the front windows in they're down, so yeah, i bet u can hear it a block away.
                    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

AHHH!

my brother posted on this board! i apolagize for him, please disregaurd his personal attacks.
                      please don't hold his statements against me.
                      i'll try not to let it happen again.
                      :(

Comment

obviously your brother just displayed what a total and complete fu(king retard he is....
                        proof...

follow this link:
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1947851485

quote from that link:
                        "Key Features:

300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
                        600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
                        1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
                        1-ohm stable
                        Class D circuitry
                        50-300 Hz low-pass filter, 12 dB/octave
                        0-10 dB bass boost centered at 40 Hz
                        MOSFET power supply and output stage
                        preamp outputs
                        speaker- and preamp-level inputs
                        gold-plated connectors
                        4-way protection circuitry
                        14-1/8"W x 2"H x 10-1/2"D
                        "

Follow this link:
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1948532289

"Impedance: 4 ohms."

now let me see here....amp is stable @ 4 ohms, speakers run at 4 ohms, so your running at 4 ohms right?
                        k
                        good
                        we got that down....

amp is rated at 300wrms@4ohms x 1
                        now, you have 2 subs soooooooo we divide 300 / 2 = 150wrms to each speaker.....mkay? following me? good.
                        your bro is a tart.
                        maybe he should do some "research" and get a clue before he starts talking out his *** .
                        That amp is a piece of ****. The crossover wont even do a 24dB/o slope, nor will it go below 50hz. You could buy a cheap amp w/o a crossover, spend some decent cash on a good xover and have a way better amp for about the same price than what you have.

-Steve
                        p.s. isnt the avg 1/4mile of a f-body like .5-1.0sec faster???

p.s.s. sorry to rag on this post but man, your bro just set me off like no other. If it sounds good to you, then by all means it is good!!! Only YOU know what your ears like, not us, I just wont put up with an ignorant post.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6maro:
                          your bro is a tart.<hr></blockquote>

You mean a small pastry?lol
                          [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

if what you say is true, then i'm running at 4 ohms.

if i were to wire the subs in parallel, it would be a 2 ohm load on the amp, thereby pushing 600 rms, correct? it would be like wiring a dvc sub w/ 4 ohms.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                              o and the a block away? hehe you can hear me over 200 yards away and inside a house....no joke
                              but.... i have to have hearin protection on at that time... otherwise i got it a lil lower
                              <hr></blockquote>

My friends system caused his dad's CD burner to skip while burning :D
                              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X