Monsoon CD skipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon CD skipping.

I have a monsoon stereo in my 2000 firebird...the cd skips....i have tried cd cleaners...like the cd with the brushes on them....also blew some canned air in it to help.....what else can i do? anyone have 1 they will sell me for cheap?

I would prefer a new head Unit....but wont a new aftermarket head unit, disable my steering wheel controls? thanx

Elizabeth

btw this problem just started a few months ago. it ran fine till 3 months?

anyways sometimes the cd runs perfect for hours...then we park car...go out a few hours later and it skipps like really bad. not sure if it is temp related? seems like if i drive for an hour...then it works perfect.

Comment

If you do a search in the Stereo forum. You'll find that there are vendors that make "boxes" that will allow you to control aftermarket CD players from the steering wheel controls. I've seen Alpine being one of the biggest supporters of this.

Cheers
      Steve
      FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
      Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
      Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elizabeth:
        btw this problem just started a few months ago. it ran fine till 3 months?

anyways sometimes the cd runs perfect for hours...then we park car...go out a few hours later and it skipps like really bad. not sure if it is temp related? seems like if i drive for an hour...then it works perfect.
        <hr></blockquote>

you may want to check ebay, these arent very pricy to buy either.
        -Steve

Comment

i still have mine from my 98 camaro, everything works fine. it is just sitting around collecting dust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X