Blew speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew speakers

Well pretty much every speaker in my car is blown, except the ones in the hatch, that were but i replaced them with new 6x9s(custom install). Well anyways i have a 2002 coupe with monsoon. I was doing research and this is what i found and i have questions. I am telling you what i found, so that you can correct me if i am wrong, i like to learn.
    Frounts i can do a 6 13/4, and the back passangers the same. Now i was looking on the internet and it said that our stock speakers in the panels with the back passangers are dual voice coil subs? And if i replace them all they will make is bass? And in the frounts it says that if i replace those all they will make is bass? Is that because the frounts are componets? Or are the frounts not componets? So many questions. I called a couple of places and they said that if i replace the ones in the ones in the back that i should use a good midrange, cause i won't get any treb only bass. WHAT TO DO?
    The last thing i want to do is bypass my stock moonsoon amp and do a new head unit, so please don't sugest that unless it is my only option.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

I have the exact same question!!!! I'm trying to figure out if we need to buy a new amp, which I don't want to do, or if I can just run 2-ways and replace the tweeters. Like you said too many questions.

Comment

No body knows the answer to this?
      2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender2664:
        i was looking on the internet and it said that our stock speakers in the panels with the back passangers are dual voice coil subs?
        Yes, that's correct. Those speakers are 6-3/4" dual voice coil subwoofers.

And if i replace them all they will make is bass?
        Yes, that's right as well. The reason why any replacement speakers in that particular location would only play bass (or lower frequencies only) is because the Monsoon Amp has a built in crossover; which cuts out the highs.

And in the frounts it says that if i replace those all they will make is bass? Is that because the frounts are componets? WHAT TO DO?
        In each door, you have a separate tweeter and a separate 6-3/4" midrange. On a Monsoon Firebird, the tweeter is sperated from the midrange like typical components. On a Monsoon Camaro, the tweeter is placed on top of the 6-3/4" midrange, sorta like a coaxial speaker. The door tweeter and the 6-3/4" door midrange (regardless if it's the Monsoon Camaro or Firebird) are wired separate from eachother. The factory headunit powers the door tweeters while the Monsoon Amp powers the 6-3/4" door midranges. I don't know for certain but I "think" the Monsoon Amp also uses a crossover for the 6-3/4" midranges in the doors. One of the problems you run into here is that the 6-3/4" door midranges are 2-ohms whereas any replacement speaker you buy is going to be 4-ohms. It will still work if you replace those speakers with 4-ohm speakers but technically the Monsoon Amp won't be delivering it's full rated power. Either way, others have still done this with good results.

[ December 22, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: nda0602v6 ]
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Thank you so much for the info. I saw a set of Audiobahn midrange speakers, and they are rated at 3 ohms, and 200 watts RMS. Do you think they would work good?

Comment

I'm not sure how many watts the Monsoon Amp puts out for the midranges in the doors but those seem nice since they're 3-ohms.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

So basically for the back ones i want to get a nice 6 3/4s midrange and for the frount i want to do a nice set of components, or i want to do a nice midrange and a sperate tweater? No crossover needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ender2664:
                So basically for the back ones i want to get a nice 6 3/4s midrange
                The two 6-3/4"s in the back are dual voice coil subwoofers; not midranges. Since you already have a 10" sub for bass, I wouldn't even put anything in where the factory 6-3/4" subs go.

If you're absolutely set on keeping the stock Monsoon system (headunit and amp) I'd suggest buying a good pair of 6-3/4 coaxial speakers for your doors (since you have a Camaro). Some coaxial speakers are made so you can wire up the tweeter and the mid separate, or you can modify a normal pair of coaxial speakers and wire the tweet and mid separate as well. Your next best option would be to instal some nice components in your doors but you'll need a separate amp to make them sound good. Good luck.
                2006 Tiburon

Comment

Is there anyway to put normal speakers in the back and run them with a seperate amp? Or can i not join amps? Cause i have a extra amp at my house, and i would really like to have those extra speakers, but like i said, i don't want to replace stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X