Replacing dash lights to leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing dash lights to leds

Dash lights are going out so installing led lights. The original light bulbs lasted over 28 years so can’t complain. I’ll post pics when done.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Got the dash torn apart, and cluster out not too hard. Couldn’t find write-ups on 93-96 Camaro, and 97-02 are different so just took everything apart down to the cluster. Had a lot of plastic breaking apart but not too bad. Second time since new been apart, 1st time was in 2001. Here’s a pic of the cluster, going back to stock and ditching the white face gauge.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I took mine out too and the 89 bird out awhile back. I don't know about led lights. They're kind of hard to look at at night. Alot of modern cars nowadays have auto dim to them.

Comment

Yeah, just experimenting, I can always dim it on the headlight panel. Or go back to the white gauges. Get some lights tomorrow and the rest Tuesday.

Comment

Well the Led bulbs didn’t fit so installing another led kit off eBay ,returning the LEDs back to Amazon.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 02-04-2024, 05:33 PM.

Comment

T5 bulbs don’t fit but T10 bulbs do, getting a big storm past couple of days. Still waiting on some more bulbs. Hopefully Sunday I’ll get it back together and see if the bulbs work.

Comment

Take pics when you finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                Take pics when you finish it.

I will, went ahead and just did the white reverse glow gauge again. Should be done Monday. Those bulbs are time consuming and have to be installed in a certain way, did a few and if they aren’t in perfect they don’t light up and you have to reverse them. So did the white face gauge again, it’s a hundred times better than my one from 2000.

Comment

Here’s some pics everything is working but gas gauge might be off alittle.

Comment

Excellent Steve. It looks very good. I'm really digging it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Here’s some pics everything is working but gas gauge might be off a little.
                      Did you remove the pointers?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

Did you remove the pointers?
                        Yes , have to to put the white reverse glow cover in. I did it right in 2001.lol I’m going to take the gauge cover off and redo it this next week. Also ordered a new dash cover and dash mat.

Comment

The needle’s light up so their in correctly just have to find the right placement, before setting the fuel needle, I filled up the gas tank so tried setting it to full but after I got it back together it went way right.

Comment

Well fuel gauge might be working after all. Found a bunch of interior parts at U pick it today going back Sunday to get more. Got the cluster cover since mine was cracked in some places. Should button the dash by Wednesday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X