1996 rear view mirror to 01’-02’ rear view mirror - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 rear view mirror to 01’-02’ rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 rear view mirror to 01’-02’ rear view mirror

Switching mirrors from 1996 to 01’-02’ rear view mirror. Just wanted something different. Never knew they were different. Got everything ordered, should get it this next week. Will post pics. 93-00 has a 3 pin connector and 01’-02’ has 7pin connector but still only uses 3 wires. Ordered the mirror, connector and led bulbs.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Got it finished, just 3 wire blue/white is power, black ground and the beige is bcm ground ( so it dims when the doors are shut. Here’s a pic. You can get the 7 pin harness from eBay or Hawk performance for $5-$7 . I read that you can use newer mirrors too. With the compass and temperature readings. Also the map lights use 194 bulbs a lot easier to change than the 93-00 map lights and it’s thinner too.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0788.jpeg Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1579009
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-29-2023, 10:48 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Going to do the under dash lighting next, got the kit from screaming chicken so will see how it goes.

Comment

Looks good. I didn't know screaming chicken is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Looks good. I didn't know screaming chicken is still around.
          Yes have pretty cool stuff, had a accident today with my truck, had to rewire the camera and while taking out the stereo it fell on my wratchet and cracked my touchscreen. Got the camera rewired and found a donor stereo with a good screen for $135 shipped off eBay. Almost just bought a new double din, but found a used one so just need the faceplate since it’s detachable, should be innerchangable from what I read online. Had the stereo since 2012.

Comment

Got the led under dash lighting today and got it installed, took maybe an hour. I’ll attach some pics when it gets darker out. Pretty easy install and great directions. Wires to the bcm so it comes on and fades with the doors.

Comment

Here’s a pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.jpeg
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1579015

Comment

Well got the face plate for the truck and it won’t work, not powering up. Contacted the seller, probably end up getting a new Kenwood. Update used the whole stereo and it’s working great. I guess the faceplates aren’t interchangeable.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 07-08-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I'm digging it. It looks really good. Where did you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    I'm digging it. It looks really good. Where did you get it.
                    Thanks Edgar, Screaming Chicken for the LEDs and under dash lighting, the 01-02 rear view mirror I got at Hawks Performance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X