2001 Firebird headlight replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Firebird headlight replacement

I recently purchased a broken down 2001 firebird for $600. Apart from the engine needing to be rebuilt, it is completely missing a headlight (the whole mount, housing and the engine that lifts the headlight.) Since I am new to car work, I thought I should ask the forum for help. Does anybody have a compiled list of the exact parts that i need to replace the headlight?
    here is a picture for a general idea on what is missing.

I saw on the forum that some users have been using these headlights because they are better than the stock headlights. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=61
    if I were to attempt to put these into my firebird, would I need to build anything on my own in order to instal them such as a custom frame or so? or do they fit it fine by themselves? Lastly, are there any good websites that you recommend to buy all my parts from?
    Attached Files

Re: 2001 Firebird headlight replacement

Just my $ .02 but I see firebirds at the junkyard all the time with perfectly good headlights and various other good body parts. I am signed up with three different yards that email me when they get a 4th gen in. For all you 3.4 runners I can tell you there usually over 275000 miles and look like they had a rough life the last 100000. I don't have a 3.4 but always thought they must be a tough motor to kill. Usually I rob the tranny and drivelines, some need lots of work some are good to go . I always keep my eye out for the hard to find perfect interior parts and often sell em . If not sold on craigs list in 3 days I sell them on ebay along with various other sellers. My bet is all the parts you need are there.It helps fund the addiction. We are now a 3 race car family all 4th gens . My 2 girls are 100% sponsored by me so they can go threw a full set of fenders on any given Saturday night. Don't even get me started on tire funding ,lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X