Aftermarket power antenna installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket power antenna installed

My power antenna died. I could not find a Delco part, so I bought an aftermarket universal power antenna. It works great and the installation was easy. It looks very similar to the original GM antenna.

The box says "Antenna World power antenna S-90B" (black). What was odd was the "B" is hand-written on the box. It looked like most sellers on ebay and Amazon were selling silver antennas. Anyway, this black one looks just fine.

Simply remove the existing bracket from the car by unscrewing the single screw holding it in place. Gently pull the old antenna down out of the hole in the car body. Unscrew the bracket from the bottom of the old antenna by removing the two brass screws.

Now put the bracket onto the bottom of the new antenna using the two brass screws. Clip off the wire harness from the old antenna and splice the wire harness to the new antenna's wires (old and new wires are similar colors). Attach the female-female adapter cable for the signal cable. Take the drain tube off the old antenna and put it on the new antenna.

Put the new antenna up the through the car body hole. Attach the mounting bracket screw to the car. Put the small black trim piece over the antenna stub and then screw on the black hex nut over the antenna base. Put the drain tube into the hole in the bottom of the fender.

Hook up the three wires via the wire harness connectors. Attach the signal cable.

Done.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Nice..!!!

Comment

Re: Aftermarket power antenna installed

Mine was that vinyl track that make the antenna go up and down a couple of years back. I bought one from ebay. It was an easy fix.

Comment

Was yours like the one in the link below? I would like to get one and I am always worried when I see one selling for $40 and another for $150. Do you have the link to the one you bought?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301035555099?lpid=82

Comment

Yes, the antenna is like that one shown below - but I went to this website:

http://www.antennamastsrus.com/GM/Po...01993-2002.htm

The price was a little more than ebay but they package it with exactly what you need for your particular car and they also specifically said they would sell me a black antenna. I did not want to buy a silver antenna.

I previously had replaced just the mast and plastic track -but that stopped working, so this time I replaced the whole assembly.
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post

I previously had replaced just the mast and plastic track -but that stopped working, so this time I replaced the whole assembly.
            Thanks for the reply, it helped out a lot! I will let everyone know how it goes!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X