led taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led taillights

so i ordered some led taillights and installed them. so far everything was working good but i hadnt checked my cruise control and my auto start wouldnt work. (after a 4 hour roadtrip with no cruise). The taillights have black ballast boxes so is it possible the taillights are giving to much resistance? just wondering what i need to do since winters here are brutal

Hard to believe tail lights interfere with cruise control? Have you checked the fuses/relays? And leds use less resistance then stock so the black ballast probably just recreates the resistance of halogen bulbs
    And by auto start you have a remote start?

And I guess a good diagnostic if the fuses check out is unplug the tail lights and try it out. (Put in the factory lights if it isn't too much effort)

Comment

Re: led taillights

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
      Hard to believe tail lights interfere with cruise control? Have you checked the fuses/relays? And leds use less resistance then stock so the black ballast probably just recreates the resistance of halogen bulbs
      And by auto start you have a remote start?

And I guess a good diagnostic if the fuses check out is unplug the tail lights and try it out. (Put in the factory lights if it isn't too much effort)
      Yea if there isn't enough resistance the cruise control won't work/ Trust me Ive done some experimenting. Plus lots of info on ls1tech. The low resistance tricks your computer to think a bulb is burnt out which in turns kills cruise.
      I had all LED brake lights and side lights (not side markers) and lost cruise. Switched to regular bulbs and worked. Also I ran all the LEDs in the back except one and I think cruise worked since it had enough resistance from that one stock bulb.
      The lights will still work but cruise wont. To me cruise>LED tail lights.
      But I have LED reverse and turn signals with no problem. Just need two LED relays to make the turn signals/4 ways work

Comment

i asked a buddy and he said maybe its to much resistance? and should i just try taking off the ballasts and putting in led relays?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilspleen View Post
          i asked a buddy and he said maybe its to much resistance? and should i just try taking off the ballasts and putting in led relays?
          No idea. Ive never heard of too much resistance lol. Search ls1tech and see

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X