door speaker noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door speaker noises

just recently, my passenger door speaker started this pop noise after you shut the car off & both the driver & passenger door speakers are making this off & on humming/buzz noise. I have yet to check the connections but i ve had these speakers working fine for many years.

any idea why they are making these obnoxious noises?

Re: door speaker noises

Need more info. Sounds like a signal distortion. Factory system? Monsoon? Aftermarket?

Comment

monsoon system, aftermarket kicker speakers 6.5", dual HD headunit, original monsoon amp & wiring.

the noise doesn't always happen, sometimes I drive to work no problems, but other times it will happen when I start the car & go for a few minutes then quit. It makes the noise with or without a signal input, I turned the headunit off & it was still making the noise. If I turn the car off when the speaker is making the noise, the speaker pops.

the only comparison is the sound a speaker makes when you turn a speaker volume up way too high & u get that like interferency noise, a higher pitched noise, but its not exactly the same & its not constant buzz/humm, its got a rapid tempo to it if that makes sense.

Comment

Sounds like a bad amp... I'd get rid of it and see what happens.

Comment

Or a bad ground.. or a ground loop, or possibly a speaker shorting our and back feeding into the head unit. There are many possibilities. I'd start with the simplest solution first :P

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

unplug the power to the radio...go have a beer...come back and plug it in again and then try it...it may work. You are resetting it to the default settings.
            Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X