2000 camaro security light Vats system problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 camaro security light Vats system problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 camaro security light Vats system problem

Hello I have a 2000 camaro. About a month ago I got a remote start installed buy best buy they did a great job. And for about 2 weeks now my security turns on and starts to blink even if i try to remote start. I bought a new key didn't solve the problem and also some times it would fix it self by turning the blinking security light into a solid light and could start with key and remote. I took it to best buy yesterday they checked the remote start for about 3 hours and it wasn't the problem. They said they have never seen something like this . So I was thinking about just by passing the vats system by using the resistors that add up to my key. Is the wiring still set up where I can find the two wires that I can put the resistors into. Or is it messed up by the remote start? And another question instead of using resistors could I just take a old key that still works cut out the resistor without damage and solder two wires to the points and put the two wires were the resistors were goin to go?
    Last edited by Mc.Nasty; 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM.

Re: 2000 camaro security light Vats system problem

1) The wiring is likely not disturbed for the key contacts. But it will be easy enough to tell by examining them before you do the work. Nevertheless, I think the work done is probably the cause of the problem.

2) Probably not. The contacts on the pellet are either stainless or silver. Neither is easy to "solder". Try that before you cut it out.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 05-01-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X