Need DRL socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need DRL socket

Does anyone have the part number for a replacement front DRL socket? Or a link to one that will fit my DRL housing? I need one that doesn't cost $50. For a '98 V6 Firebird. Doesn't have to be original GM spec, it just needs to fit in the original housing with the usual 3157 bulb.

I've been all over LS1tech dot com and some old threads say to just go to autozone and pick up one of these but their website says it won't fit my car (or even a trans am, which as different DRL housings). I don't know who to believe.
    sigpic

Re: Need DRL socket

I bought mine cheap on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-02-Camaro...3bb94c&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
      Does anyone have the part number for a replacement front DRL socket? Or a link to one that will fit my DRL housing? I need one that doesn't cost $50. For a '98 V6 Firebird. Doesn't have to be original GM spec, it just needs to fit in the original housing with the usual 3157 bulb.

I've been all over LS1tech dot com and some old threads say to just go to autozone and pick up one of these but their website says it won't fit my car (or even a trans am, which as different DRL housings). I don't know who to believe.
      Yes, that socket will fit the housing on your car. Dont believe those stupid parts websites sometimes... If your real unsure you can cut the old one off and bring it in to the store and match it up that way.

But FYI, I bought two of what you linked to at Advance Auto and they fit fine in my 02 Camaro.

Comment

I bought mine from teh Help section at the local auto parts store.

Comment

This one fits perfectly and is identical in appearance: Dorman 85881. That is the one you referenced.
          You can get it at Autozone and other places for $8. Do not let anyone tell you it will not fit your car; trust me it does. I have installed two on my 98 TA.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GaryDoug; 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks everyone! I'll pick one up tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X