security light on - bcm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security light on - bcm

Im in the process of working on my bcm and thought I would compile a little information here as long as I had it in front of me. the link is for a 2000 camaro, and the connector ID list is for a 1996 camaro.

http://www.performanceworks1.com/PDF...rol.module.pdf

Re: security light on - bcm

My security light has been on constantly since my engine swap. VATS has been disabled in the new pcm. I cut the gray wire at the c12 connector on the BCM and I no longer have to look at that annoying light. I can still pull body codes with a good scanner. If you read through the above link you'll see that you can actually pull the codes from the BCM by the pattern of the security light blinking as explained around page 4.

Comment

Re: security light on - bcm

I am not aware of any scanner that can pull trouble codes from the F-body 4th Gen BCM; not even my Tech 2 can do that. The Body menu of the Tech 2 only lists the SIR and the radio/changer (with optional jumper hookup) as available devices. The BCM is not even connected to the Class 2 bus. The only way to retrieve the codes is through the special procedure you referenced.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X