Electric window dead 2000 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric window dead 2000 Camaro

My fourth window motor died half way down. Does anyone know a simple way to get it back up again? I have a 2000 Camaro
    thanks

Re: Electric window dead 2000 Camaro

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
    My fourth window motor died half way down. Does anyone know a simple way to get it back up again? I have a 2000 Camaro
    thanks
    Were these motors new or used?

I guess you can try a new motor next time and forget about it!
    After one of my motors died on my f-body, I replaced it with a new one and haven't had problems ever since..

Comment

All were new...nothing used. I just cannot understand why they are so unreliable.
      Power windows is NOT a new technology.

Comment

Well that's weird... Good luck on the fix Bro!

Comment

Do you have the Autotrix kit? Supplying full voltage is supposed to allow them to work longer. Also, what brand motor are you using? I bought a cheap eBay motor that died in a month or two. Replaced it with a Dorman (lifetime warranty) [and the Autotrix kit] and it lasted for the remaining 6 years I had the car.

Anyway, if you bypass the thermistor, you should be able to use the motor for a while longer as that's the usual failure point. Regardless of how you do it, the motor will need to be out to get the window up.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Well I tried this. My service boy told me to do this and now I am going to pass it.
            You have to press the down botton of window and then hold it for 40 secs. Your window will go down completely. Then pull it up and turn off the engine. and when you will start the car your problem will gone out.
            Last edited by Alston14; 11-06-2014, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X