R.a.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.a.p.

Going to try and keep this short and sweet. What started out as replacing my window motor has turned into a bigger project because I didnt pay attention. I ended up crushing the original terminal for the window switch and ended up purchasing one through GM. Well I started to cut wires, (had the battery disconnected) and figured I was good to go. So when I connected the battery I went back to the window switch and noticed smoke pouring out (go figure, I looked at my picture upside down I had taken with my phone.) Afterwards the radio stopped working as well as both power windows. I checked all fuses and even checked the 30 amp fuse by placing it into the power seat slot to ensure it was good. Well everything I read is indicating its a R.A.P. issue. My questions is this. Looking at a diagram I found online if I jump the blue wire to the brown wire, by-passing the R.A.P. this should hypothetically solve my problems I am having. I am certain my car does not have the B.C.M. in it, from what I have read, but I am taking that with a grain of salt because you cannot believe everything read online now a days. If I am headed in the right directions let me know, if not then what route should I take? This is my daily driver so I cannot really afford to take it to a shop and lose out on my car. Thanks in advance.

Here is a link of the schematic that I am looking at.

http://shbox.com/1/rap_schematic.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: R.a.p.

probably gonna need the year of your car to help. i have an 01 and it does have a bcm.

Comment

Re: R.a.p.

Sry I thought I had included it. Its a 1995 Chevy 3.4L Base. I found the RAP module and pulled it out and its burnt.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X