Clear corner melting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear corner melting issue

My Clear Corners are melting, and one blinker went out. What did you guys do to remedy this?

Re: Clear corner melting issue

Is it stock or aftermarket? I would say bad bulb either way.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Is it stock or aftermarket? I would say bad bulb either way.
      Aftermarket.

Comment

The stock housings are crap. My turn signals are melted and warped as well, and those are just filament bulbs, imagine halogens. GM plastic equals disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Brians00Blackbird View Post
          The stock housings are crap. My turn signals are melted and warped as well, and those are just filament bulbs, imagine halogens. GM plastic equals disaster
          I am glad you said that, I was considering going back to stock thinking they were made better. I love the clear corners...maybe I will switch to LEDs so it does not melt again.

Comment

I have aftermarket and they held up fine so far.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what does the socket or the plug for the light look like? if that plug looks burnt out you need to replace that. i used to burn out a bulb every 4-7 months before i replaced the plugs. if your bulb is getting that hot it's burning hotter than it's supposed too and shorting out.

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
                My Clear Corners are melting, and one blinker went out. What did you guys do to remedy this?
                What bulb # are you using?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

If your getting LED's go to VLEDS DOT COM. I have a set from super bright LEDs and their ok, not very bright during the day. VLEDS is the way to go. Btw if you do switch u need to change your flasher from thermal to electronic. Simple $5 fix

Comment

Originally posted by madforce10 View Post
                    what does the socket or the plug for the light look like? if that plug looks burnt out you need to replace that. i used to burn out a bulb every 4-7 months before i replaced the plugs. if your bulb is getting that hot it's burning hotter than it's supposed too and shorting out.
                    It is a little brown, but it does not look melted. Should I replace it anyway?

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                    What bulb # are you using?

I am not sure, the numbers are illegible on the bulb.

Originally posted by Brians00Blackbird View Post
                    If your getting LED's go to VLEDS DOT COM. I have a set from super bright LEDs and their ok, not very bright during the day. VLEDS is the way to go. Btw if you do switch u need to change your flasher from thermal to electronic. Simple $5 fix
                    That sounds decent. Do you have pictures of what the bulb looks like in a clear corner? I was wondering if it looked ugly. Also do I have to switch the rear turn signals as well?

Comment

Sorry I don't, I have stock corners I only replaced my turn signals. Check their site and match the bulb. You should get an idea of what it will look like

Comment

So I bought the right flasher bulb #3457. The Amber on the bulb burned off, so now its just white!!!! What the heck! I was hoping to avoid doing the LED swap because it is expensive. But if this keeps happening I might have to.

Has that happened to anyone before? The amber peeling off?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X